Healthy blueberry recipes to use make delicious baked goods, desserts, and other recipes this summer. There is something for everyone. The best muffin recipe, healthy soft serve ice cream, salads, wraps, and more.
There are lots of dietary options as well – scroll through and get excited about all the recipes to make with blueberries!
Tips for Buying Fresh Blueberries
- Berries should be a dark blue color, with a slight powdery look to them.
- Look for firm berries – berries don’t ripen once they’ve been picked. So keep an eye out for shriveled or soft looking berries
- Don’t wash berries until ready to use.
- Berries will often last in the refrigerator up to over one week, if stored dry.
I remember on my trip with California Giant we learned about the different blueberry varieties, with each variety having its own unique flavor profile. So if you’ve ever wondered why one of your blueberries taste a little different than the ones you purchased previously, that’s why!
But no matter what variety of blueberries you pick up, they’ll taste amazing in these easy blueberry recipes!
How to Freeze Blueberries
Blueberry season always brings back fond memories of picking fresh berries with family. It’s the perfect time to stock your freezer to bake with all year long.
- Rinse – Before freezing, rinse the blueberries in cold water and allow to dry on the country in a single layer on reusable paper towels.
- Freeze – Once your berries are washed and dry, you can flash freeze them on large rimmed baking sheet. I prefer to the put them straight into a freezer bag or freezer safe reusable plastic bags. It’s important to press all the air out to prevent freezer burn.
- Store – To save freezer space, lay bags of frozen blueberries flat on their side so they can be easily stacked. Be sure to label and date your containers so you know when you use your fruit by. It’s best to use within 6-9 months of freezing.
You can thaw frozen blueberries or use them straight from the freezer, depending on the recipe. If you thaw for a recipe, it’s best to drain in a colander so there’s no additional water in the recipe.
Healthy Baked Goods
If you’re looking for the best blueberry muffin recipe, you’re sure to find it here! Plus, it’s healthy. Even though blueberries muffins are an icon, don’t forget to make these quick breads, easy scones, homemade poptarts, and more.
These Healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins make for the best snack! Made with simple ingredients, like whole grain flour, oats, maple syrup and blueberries. Dairy free recipe and gluten free friendly.
More Blueberry Baked Goods
- Vegan Blueberry Scones
- Yogurt Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- Healthy Matcha Blueberry Waffles
- Blueberry Zucchini Muffins
- Cassava Flour Muffins with Blueberries
- Almond Blueberry Muffin Bread
- Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins
- Almond Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Blueberry Muffin Donut Holes – Eating Bird Food
- Blueberry Lemon Thyme Biscuits – Fooduzzi
- Homemade Blueberry Vegan Pop-Tarts – Orchids + Sweet Tea
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast might just be my favorite meal of the day and it gets over looked so easily. Add blueberries to breakfast and it’s just about the best thing! Give me all the blueberry pancakes, waffles, baked blueberry oatmeal, and more.
This Blueberry Bake Oatmeal is the perfect healthy breakfast recipe! It’s great for weekend baking and meal prep – leftovers reheat well all week long. Made with organic gluten free rolled oats, lightly sweetened with maple syrup, bursting with blueberries.
More Blueberry Breakfast Recipes
- Baked Berry French Toast Casserole
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
- Blueberry Kiwi Smoothie – The Almond Eater
- Gluten Free Blueberry Waffles – All The Healthy Things
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie – All the Healthy Things
- Easy Vegan Blueberry Pancakes – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Blueberry French Toast – Orchids + Sweet Tea
- Blueberry Breakfast Salad – Eating Bird Food
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie – Marisa Moore
Savory Blueberry Recipes
Of course the first thing that comes to mind when you want to use blueberries you think of all the delicious muffins and pies, but you can’t forget to add them to savory dishes to a pop of flavor.
I love a good fruit salad and this one is super simple – Blueberry Watermelon Salad with feta and mint. Just six ingredients and thrown together in 10 minutes. It’s the perfect summer salad. Everyone always loves the combination of flavors!
More Easy Wraps & Salad Recipes
- Kale Salad with Balsamic Blueberry Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Chicken Wrap with Blueberries & Goat Cheese
- Chickpea Blueberry Salad – Running on Real Food
- Creamy Blueberry Broccoli Slaw Salad – Cotter Crunch
Blueberry Dessert Recipes
Fresh berries are perfect for summer desserts! They’re simple to make and always a hit. No one will even know your delicious dessert is a lightened up version of their favorite recipes.
A crowd-pleasing yogurt blueberry cake made in a bundt pan for an effortlessly beautiful presentation. Gluten-free friendly, lightened up in comparison to your traditional blueberry cake.
So many blueberry recipes for you to love!
Which one are you making first?!
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley