I love a good summer salad and this one is super simple – Blueberry Watermelon Salad with feta and mint. Just six ingredients and thrown together in 10 minutes.
If you haven’t tried a watermelon and feta salad yet, you are seriously missing out!
We’re also adding blueberries, and mint – trust me it’s freakin’ delicious.
I remember something similar being served at a work party and thought “What the heck? You’re putting watermelon and feta together?!” I’ll admit I was a little scared. But I tried the new-to-me concoction and I couldn’t believe how delicious it was.
Salty + Sweet = Heaven.
Best Watermelon Salad
This watermelon feta salad is super simple and takes about 10 minutes, with cutting up the watermelon taking up a majority of your time.
How to Cut a Watermelon
- Using a large sharp knife, slice watermelon in half.
- Place cut side down and slice into about 1″ thick slices.
- Then turn cutting board to cut the watermelon in the opposite direction, so you end up with little 1″ squares.
- Pull the watermelon sticks out and cut into cubes for the salad.
It’s so easy! I swear I’ll never go back to cutting watermelon any other way.
Plus the cubes are perfect for preparing this watermelon salad recipe.
Watermelon Salad Ingredients
- sweet watermelon
- fresh spearmint
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- olive oil
Super simple, right?
How to Pick a Watermelon
Look for the field spot – The field spot on a watermelon should be a yellow-ish color. This indicates how it sat in the field when ripening. If the field spot is white, consider picking another watermelon. Also, spots and webbing are another sign of a ripe watermelon.
Check out the stem – Look for a stem that is dry and yellow-brown in color to ensure the watermelon has had enough time to ripen in the field.
Knock on it – Knock on the watermelon and listen for a hollow sound, which likely means your watermelon has more water and is ripe.
How to Make Watermelon Salad
After you’ve chopped the watermelon the salad comes together in no time.
In a large bowl, just toss together the watermelon cubes, blueberries, feta, chopped mint and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil and lime. You could also leave the oil out and just do the lime for some extra flavor but totally up to you.
You can also add some salt and pepper if you’d like. And I’ve also seen variations with diced red onion.
Either way this watermelon feta salad is light and refreshing – perfect for any summertime gathering.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review below. I love hearing from you and it helps others learn about the recipe too.
- 6 cups 1″ cubed watermelon
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 3 TBS freshly chopped mint
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 4oz feta, chopped
See notes in post on best way to cut a watermelon.
- In large bowl gently combine watermelon with blueberries and freshly chopped mint.
- In small bowl mix together oil and lime juice; drizzle over watermelon and blueberries.
- Add feta and gently toss to combine.
- Cover and transfer to fridge prior to serving.
Salad should keep covered in fridge 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 104
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 85
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 14
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 5