This Coconut Mango Blueberry Crisp is a simple, healthy dessert made gluten-free and vegan-friendly. Just seven ingredients and super simple – it’s going to be your new favorite warm weather go-to!
This Coconut Mango Blueberry Crisp is giving me allll the summer feels. And the fact that the sun is rising before 6:30am and staying out well past 8pm. I just LOVE this time of year. I even got TWO 6am workouts in this week because I’ve been feeling so good. Granted it is still hard for me to get my butt out of bed. Like, really hard.
OH! Speaking of beds… So Nectar sent us a mattress last month, and we kind of love it. (This isn’t sponsored in any way, but I am an affiliate. They’re running a deal for $125 off and two free pillows! The code is automatically applied when you shop through my links.) I will admit I was really skeptical and honestly didn’t know what to expect. I’ve heard about some other memory foam mattress companies out there that are just so-so. And I’ve only ever had a regular spring mattress. Our previous mattress wasn’t special or anything, it’s just what I knew. But we were looking for a new mattress so we could put our other one in the guest bedroom and finally get that room together.
Anyways, after sleeping on the Nectar for a few weeks now it’s been really great! It took me a couple of nights to get used to but I think that was partly due to a little stress. Drew loved it right away. It’s really comfortable, firm enough but soft… but not too soft, you know? I mean everyone is different but what’s great about the Nectar is they have a 365 night trial. YES – you can sleep on the mattress for a whole year to see if you like it. And if you don’t there are hassle-free returns, no fees, no return shipping costs. You can check out their FAQs here.
Okay, sorry I didn’t mean to turn that little tidbit into an advertisement but we do REALLY LOVE the Nectar. And you guys know I only share stuff I love and can recommend myself. So if you guys are looking for a mattress, you should totally try it out. I mean, it’s risk-free so why not?
BUT MOVING ON to this dreamy fruit crisp that is going to be your new favorite dessert this season.
Coconut Mango Blueberry Crisp
While we were in Kauai (which feels like so long ago!) I was getting inspired by all of the fun flavors and fresh Hawaiian fruit everywhere. I was thinking I really ought to make some sort of dessert for you guys featuring mango. Which then led to me thinking about how delicious combining mangos with blueberries would be…
Which obviously led me to a Mango Blueberry Crisp with toasted coconut. Hellz to the ya.
Fruit crisp just screams “summer dessert” to me and even though it’s only May, it’s been feeling like a mild summer so far and I am more than okay with it.
what you need
- fresh mangos
- fresh blueberries
- coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- butter (vegan-friendly or softened coconut oil)
- unsweetened flaked coconut
- rolled oats
- flour (gluten-free blend, all-purpose, whole wheat)
This mango blueberry crisp is *almost* the easiest thing ever. I have to use litter asterisks because cutting a mango isn’t necessarily the easiest thing. I think I avoided buying fresh mangos for the longest time when I was younger because I had no idea how to cut them. But thanks to our wonderful friend Google, you can ask them and you’ll get loads of answers. And I found this video here to help you out! (I’ll admit I got a little nervous watching the person slice INTO THEIR HAND. My goodness. Not sure I recommend that unless you’re a pro.)
- Once your mango is cut you place it into the bottom of your baking dish, add the blueberries on top, and sprinkle with sugar; toss things around gently.
- While the fruit is sitting and getting juicy you make the crisp topping; you’ll mix together the flour, oats, coconut, butter (or coconut oil) and sugar. I used a dough blender/pastry cutter as well as my hands
- Cover the fruit with the coconut-oat topping.
- Bake until golden and you’re done! Easy.
And don’t forget the ICE CREAM. Good lawd we can’t have this mango blueberry crisp without ice cream. That would be tragic.
I always underestimate how amazing fruit crisps are, and this mango blueberry crisp is seriously heavenly.
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and review on the blog! I love hearing from you and your reviews help others find the recipe too 🙂 Xx Ashley
- 1 large mango or 2 medium, cut into slices or chunks
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 TBS coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ casserole or pie dish with butter, coconut oil or ghee; set aside.
- Evenly spread mangos and blueberries on bottom of baking dish and sprinkle on one tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, flour, sugar and cold butter (or coconut oil). Use spoon to start mixing, but work in everything with hands at the end.
- Distribute oatmeal mixture over top of sliced mangos and blueberries in even layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until oatmeal mixture is golden and crisp. Allow mango blueberry crisp to cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with favorite ice cream, yogurt or even whipped cream topping.
Recipe can be doubled for a 9×13 baking pan or casserole dish.
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.