This Coconut Mango Blueberry Crisp is the perfect healthy summer dessert. Just seven ingredients, easy to make, gluten free and vegan friendly.
This Coconut Mango Blueberry Crisp is giving me all the summer feels. And the fact that the sun is rising before 6:30am and staying out well past 8pm. I just LOVE this time of year.
I always underestimate how amazing fruit crisps are, and this mango blueberry crisp is seriously the best thing.
The Perfect Summer Fruit Combo
Blueberries + mango = absolute heaven! I love the combination of blueberry flavor paired with sweet juicy mango.
Add in a coconut flaked crisp topping for some extra flavor and a tropical feel.
I love making fruit crisp for a simple and healthy dessert. You just need a handful of ingredients and you might already have everything in your pantry.
Fruit Crisp Ingredients
- fresh mangos & blueberries
- coconut sugar or brown sugar
- butter, plant based or conventional can be used. Coconut oil may also be subbed but butter will give a crispier topping.
- rolled oats, flour and unsweetened flaked coconut for the crisp topping. Use gluten free oats and a all-purpose gluten free flour blend as needed.
This mango blueberry crisp is *almost* the easiest thing ever. I have to use little asterisks because cutting a mango isn’t necessarily the easiest thing. But it’s not hard!
How to Cut a Mango
- Find the stem and have that be at the top. Place your knife about 1/4″ away from the center and slice vertically.
- Repeat this same slice on the other side.
- The through the flesh of the mango, making a grid pattern.
- Scoop out the mango cubes using a large spoon.
How to Make Healthy Blueberry Crisp
- Once your mango is cut you place it into the bottom of your baking dish, add the blueberries on top, and sprinkle with sugar; toss things around gently.
- While the fruit is sitting and getting juicy you make the crisp topping; you’ll mix together the flour, oats, coconut, butter (or coconut oil) and sugar. I used a dough blender/pastry cutter as well as my hands
- Cover the fruit with the coconut-oat topping.
- Bake until golden and you’re done!
Fruit Crisp Topping Ideas
You can’t go wrong with a little creamy topping for blueberry crisp. Personally my favorite is ice cream, but any of these will work:
- Ice cream
- Whipped topping
- Favorite yogurt
- Coconut cream
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and review on the blog! I love hearing from you and your reviews help others find the recipe too 🙂 Xx Ashley
- 1 large mango or 2 medium, cut into slices or chunks
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 TBS coconut sugar (or dry sweetener of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9″ casserole or pie dish with butter, coconut oil or ghee; set aside.
- Evenly spread mangos and blueberries on bottom of baking dish and sprinkle on one tablespoon of coconut sugar.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, flour, sugar and cold butter (or coconut oil). Use spoon to start mixing, but work in everything with hands at the end.
- Distribute oatmeal mixture over top of sliced mangos and blueberries in even layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until oatmeal mixture is golden and crisp. Allow mango blueberry crisp to cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with favorite ice cream, yogurt or even whipped cream topping.
Recipe can be doubled for a 9×13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 171
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 1
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 15