You can’t celebrate the month of March without eating & drinking all things GREEN! These matcha recipes are so delicious, it doesn’t have to be a holiday or particular month to enjoy them : )
Cheers to a healthy and happy St. Patrick’s Day from all of us at FMK! ☘️
Benefits from Matcha
Matcha is a traditional Japanese green tea that comes with many health benefits.
Cancer Prevention: Matcha contains antioxidants called catechins, which are not found in other foods. The catechin found in green tea, EGCg (epigallocatechin gallate) provides cancer-fighting properties. EGCg and other catechins counteract the effects of dangerous free radicals coming from chemicals, radiation, UV rays, which can all lead to cell and DNA damage.
Aids* in Weight Loss: I don’t want this benefit to be held with too much high regard, but there is research shown that consuming matcha can help boost metabolism and burn fat.
Lowers LDL “Bad” Cholesterol: The catechin found in green tea, EGCg, also aids in lowering cholesterol levels.
Pick a High Quality Matcha Powder
When you’re making a matcha green tea latte, the hardest part is starting because you want to pick the best matcha powder. There are so many options out there! What’s the difference between baking grade, ceremonial, culinary, etc.?
Well, I’ve found my favorite matcha powder is this first harvest latte grade powder.
If the brand you found doesn’t label their matcha green tea powder as “latte” grade, then be sure to select “ceremonial grade” for the best flavor and quality.
Matcha Breakfasts + Snacks
These muffins, oats, waffles, and more are the perfect matcha flavored breakfast, snack or afternoon pick-me-up. You can prep the snacks ahead for a week of delicious, filling snacks.
You are going to LOVE these Whole Grain Almond Matcha Muffins. Made gluten-free friendly and dairy-free, perfect for the matcha lovers in your life.
More Matcha Snacks
- Matcha Cinnamon Rolls – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Vegan Matcha Scones – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Matcha Overnight Oats – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Healthy Blueberry Matcha Waffles – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Matcha Protein Bars – The Healthy Maven
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl – Running on Real Food
- No-Bake Matcha Protein Bars – Hummusapien
- Gluten-Free Matcha Donuts – Asian Caucasian
Once summer hits, iced matcha lattes are my go to drink. There’s just something refreshing about drinking an iced latte on the front porch that coffee doesn’t do for me. All these matcha drinks are refreshing and filled with antioxidants.
Making the perfect iced matcha latte at home couldn’t be easier! It’s simple to make a healthy refreshing drink that tastes even better than Starbucks. You can use your favorite dairy-free milk for a delicious vegan option.
These matcha dessert recipes are so much much fun! From cake to cookies and cheesecakes to simple no bake desserts. There is something for everyone.
These 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Matcha Coconut Butter Cups made using dairy-free chocolate, pure coconut butter, a touch of pure maple syrup, and matcha green tea. Healthy, vegan-friendly using your favorite chocolate, and seriously delicious!
More Matcha Dessert Recipes
- Paleo Flourless Fudgy Brownies with Mint Matcha Frosting – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Matcha Sugar Cookies – Feasting on Fruit
- Vegan Matcha Dark Chocolate Truffles – Fooduzzi
- Vegan Matcha Swirl Cheesecake – Minimalist Baker
- Matcha Cranberry White Chocolate Bark – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Mango Green Tea Pops – Minimalist Baker
- Vegan Matcha Cake with Vanilla Lemon Cream Frosting – Making Thyme for Health
- Raspberry Matcha Bars – Bakerita
- Matcha Chia Pudding – Jessica in the Kitchen
What’s your favorite way to enjoy matcha?
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley