Making the perfect iced matcha latte at home couldn’t be easier! It’s simple to make a healthy refreshing drink that tastes even better than Starbucks. You can use your favorite dairy-free milk for a delicious vegan option.
A few years ago I got sick of buying lattes at Starbucks or a local coffee shop, so I set out on a quest to make the best lattes I could at home. I read every post I could find, watched endless videos on YouTube, and asked my barista friends how they make lattes at work. So I’m here to share what I’ve learned with you.
Tips for the Perfect Matcha Latte
Pick a High Quality Matcha Powder
When you’re making a matcha green tea latte, the hardest part is starting because you have to pick your matcha powder. There are so many options out there! What’s the difference between baking grade, ceremonial, culinary, etc.?
Pick Your Tool
The next part that can make or break having the perfect matcha latte is getting it smooth and perfectly blended.
TIP: For an iced latte, the immersion blender is my favorite way to get the powder completely dissolved.
4 Ingredients for an Iced Matcha Latte
- matcha powder – You want to be sure to buy a quality matcha powder so your latte isn’t bitter. This one is my favorite.
- maple syrup – For a lightly sweetened latte, maple syrup works great. You could also substitute agave nectar or honey as well.
- milk – My favorite dairy-free milk option is oat milk, but you could use almond, cashew, or coconut milk too. Hemp and soy also work! Whatever you have on hand is fine.
- water – Using boiling water helps the matcha powder to dissolve easily when being whisked.
Let’s Make It!
Making an iced matcha latte can be done in just a few minutes!
Step 1 – Whisk Matcha + Hot Water
TIP: If you don’t have any of the above, shake it in a mason jar.
Step 2 – Pour Matcha Over Ice
I like to first add ice to a large cup, then pour the matcha over ice.
Step 3 – Add Milk
Then finally add your milk of choice, give it a stir and drink up!
TIP: You could add a splash of vanilla or mint for some extra flavor!
Step 4 – Drink up!
Lots of ways to make this and make it your own!
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too!
- 1/4 cup boiling hot water
- 2 teaspoon matcha powder (or more to taste)
- 2–3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 cups your favorite non-dairy milk
Try almond milk, cashew, hemp, soy or coconut for other vegan latte options.
You could use agave nectar or honey as well.
Divide recipe in half for 1 serving.