These Healthy Apple Recipes are a must make for fall – savory, sweet, gluten-free and paleo options! All of these apple recipes are easy and delicious. You’ll find everything from breakfast to dessert.
ALRIGHT GUYS. Time to give apples all the glory before we go into full-on pumpkin mode come October.
I can’t believe September is almost here. It’s time for a trip to the apple orchard or cider mills. I need apple cider donuts, like NOW.
These healthy apple recipes are perfect for fall! I gathered up some delicious apple recipes that you should probably put on your list to make this apple season. Whether you like sweet or savory, find a way to put those apples to good use this season!
Tips for the Best Apples
To have the best apples there are a few things that will help you pick the best varieties for what you’re making and tips to keep them fresh longer.
- How to Pick an Apple – Check to make sure the apple is firm and make sure there is no bruising. Check the color to make sure the color is mostly green with a little red or pinkish huge depending on the variety.
- Know Apple Varieties – If you’re looking for baking apples Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, Mutsu, Winesap, and Pink Lady great apple varieties. For snacking Honeycrisp, Red Delicious, Fuji, and Gala are the perfect apples!
- Storing – It’s best to store apples unwashed in the coolest part of the fridge. Be sure to remove any apples as they brown.
More Apple Baked Goods Recipes
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Gluten Free Apple Scones with Cinnamon Streusel – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Whole Grain Apple Cinnamon Waffles – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Apple Pie Cinnamon Roll Cobbler – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats with Apples – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Apple Chai Pancakes – Healthy Maven
- Classic Apple Smoothie – The Almond Eater
Savory Apple Dishes
A simple fall kale salad with massaged kale, honeycrisp apples, goat cheese, and paired with a maple tahini dressing.
More Apple Recipes
- Apple Walnut Salad with Balsamic Almond Dressing – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Apple Hazelnut Kale Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Medjool Date Apple Bacon Pizza – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sautéed Apples & Bacon – Fit Mitten Kitchen
A healthier apple pie made with a cinnamon spiced filling, sweetened with brown sugar and a whole grain crust. Your guests won’t even know this pie is a lightened up version.
More Healthy Apple Dessert Recipes
- Chai Spiced Apple Galette – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Healthy Apple Crisp – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookie Bars – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Paleo Chai Spiced Apple Pie Skillet Cookie – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Whole Grain Oatmeal Apple Cookie Skillet – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Apple Cider Caramel Sauce – All the Healthy Things
- Slow Cooker Baked Apples – Lexi’s Clean Living
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting – Fit Foodie Finds
- Gluten Free Apple Cupcakes – The Almond Eater
Looking for More Apple Recipes?
I hope I’ve given you some inspiration for fall cooking and baking with apples! They are certainly one of my favorite fruits… how about you?
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley