Here are 20+ easy summer dinner ideas that are quick and healthy! They’re perfect for a hot summer night when you want to throw together dinner in 30 minutes or less. Lots of new recipe ideas to add to your weekly rotation!
No one wants to be cooped up in a hot kitchen all summer! I don’t know about you, but I want to be outside as much as possible. These easy summer dinner recipes are healthy and you can throw together in no time, so you can get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.
Tips for Healthy Summer Dinners
I love how fresh summer cooking can be! Farmers markets and road side stands have an abundance of seasonal produce that add fresh inspiration to summer dinners.
- Grill Veggies – Grab your favorite veggies and throw them on the grill for a quick dinner or the perfect side with a burger or some grilled chicken. I love crunchy veggies from the grill, but zucchini is always a favorite here!
- Grow Herbs – Fresh herbs are perfect to grow on a patio or in a garden. Being able to grab some fresh basil or cilantro right out the backdoor instantly heightens a dish! One of my favorite summer dishes is pesto because I always seem to have an abundance of basil.
- Freeze Extras – It can take some extra planning, but I’m always so so happy in the winter when I freeze extra berries during the summer. You can also freeze veggies like corn (peeled off the cob) and kale to throw into soups come fall.
Healthy Salad Recipes
Summer salads are the perfect quick dinner or you can throw together a side salad to go with some grilled chicken or burgers. For me, toppings are where it’s at, so get creative with some fresh seasonal produce.
Here are some ideas for you!
This Strawberry Mango Salad with lime poppy seed dressing will be your new favorite. Add grilled chicken (or another protein source) for the most refreshing summer salad meal.
More Summer Salads
- Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad
- Edamame Mango Salad – Running on Real Food
- Easy Caprese Salad – Eating Bird Food
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad with Feta – The Healthy Maven
- Vibrant Curry Cashew Chickpea Quinoa Salad – Ambitious Kitchen
- Steak Salad with Creamy Herb Sauce – Clean Foodie Cravings
Healthy Power Bowl Recipes
Making power bowls is a great summer dinner idea. They’re easy to meal prep because you can cook the brown rice and roast veggies on the weekend so they’re ready to grab and go during the week. Top them with some leafy greens and lean protein or keep it plant based with black beans for some added protein. They’re a simple dinner that’s packed with flavor!
Here are some power bowl recipes to get you started:
These Chickpea Shawarma Bowls are so simple yet so delicious! An easy plant based recipe with roasted chickpeas in shawarma inspired spices and lemon tahini dressing. Ready in about 30 minutes and perfect for meal prep, too. Vegan and gluten free friendly
More Dinner Bowl Recipes
- Vegan Burrito Bowls
- Ginger Chicken Power Bowls
- Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
- Sweet Potato Broccoli Bowl
- Peanut Nourish Bowl with Tempeh
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Bowls – Fit Foodie Finds
- Salmon Burrito Bowl – All the Healthy Things
Healthy Grilled Recipes
Grilling season might be my favorite! I love how easy to is to throw something on the grill, it doesn’t heat up the house, you get to enjoy some fresh air while dinner is grilling, and it’s usually ready in less than 30 minutes.
Anything can be thrown on the grill: delicious veggie burgers, a side dish, or whatever produce you have on hand. Plus, I think it just tastes better grilled!
Grilled veggies for fajitas couldn’t be easier with this recipe for vegetable kabobs. Summer vegetables on skewers, grilled with a fajita lime seasoning – super flavorful. Plus there are so many ways you can enjoy these!
More Summer Grilling Recipes
- Chipotle Cheddar Turkey Burgers
- BBQ Jackfruit Sandwiches
- Stuffed Greek Turkey Burgers
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Grilled Harissa Shrimp Skewers – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Hawaiian Chicken BBQ Kabobs – The Toasted Pine Nut
More Summer Dinner Ideas
What’s your quick go to summer dinner?
Let me know what new recipes you try out this summer in the comments. Xx, Ashley