Easy, simple and healthy Stuffed Greek Turkey Burgers – perfect for dinner, lunch cookouts, meal prep and more.
I used to be obsessed with turkey burgers for a time. They were in the weekly rotation for a long, long time.
Not sure why we got away from making turkey burgers but this recipe sure made me miss them and rethink our regular dinner meals.
If you’re familiar with some of my savory recipes, you likely already know of my love for this kind of stinky cheese. I can add it to any salad, even tacos and most definitely these Greek turkey burgers.
Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Greek Turkey Burgers
- 97% lean ground turkey (you can also sub chicken, lamb)
- fresh spinach
- sun dried tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Buns, salad greens and extra toppings as you wish
How to make Greek Turkey Burgers
- First you’ll want to cook down the spinach and garlic together by sauteing the spinach until it’s wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Then remove from heat and transfer spinach to small bowl or plate to cool slightly.
- Get the rest of your ingredients out and ready while the spinach cools.
- Then you’ll start mixing the burger in with the spices, fold in the cooled spinach and then finally mixing in the egg.
- Lastly you’ll add in the crumbled feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- To make the patties, I like to use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to form the shape and get equal amounts. You’ll get about four burgers this way, or you can make smaller patties. Place the shaped patties on a lined baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. These can also be prepped and chilled in the fridge up to one day in advance – HOLLA meal prep ready.
- Then to cook the burgers, you can use a grill or if cooking inside I like to use a cast iron pan. Make sure the internal temperature of the burgers reaches 165ºF.
Then it’s up to you on how you want to finish them off! Shown here the burgers are enjoyed with fresh spinach, topped with more feta sun-dried tomatoes. But adding pesto as a condiment would be another delicious addition.
Other ways to enjoy a Greek Turkey Burger
- On top of salad greens
- Make a grain bowl with quinoa, greens, maybe some sauteed bell peppers, olives and artichokes
- In a wrap or pita
This turkey burger recipe is really a simple dinner idea that is perfect for everything from meal prep lunches, weekend cookouts and more.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review here on the blog. I love hearing from you and it helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Just five main ingredients plus spices needed for this Stuffed Greek Turkey Burger recipe! They’re easy, healthy and perfect for any occasion.
3 cups (loosely packed) fresh spinach
1 tsp minced garlic
1lb 97% lean turkey burger
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp dried basil
½ tsp salt (or to taste)
½ tsp ground pepper
1 large egg
½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
½ cup crumbled feta
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil to hot pan; saute spinach and minced garlic about 3-4 minutes, until spinach has wilted. Remove from heat and transfer spinach to small bowl or plate to cool slightly.
- In large bowl, add ground turkey and sprinkle spices evenly; Add cooled spinach and fold into burger. Add egg, stir, then mix in sun dried tomatoes and crumbled feta, using hands to mix as necessary.
- Scoop about ½ cup of burger mixture and shape into patties; you should get 4 large patties. Or make 6 smaller sized ones. Place on baking sheet and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Can be prepped and chilled in the fridge up to one day in advance.
- In large oiled skillet or preheated grill, cook burgers about 5-6 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Allow burgers to rest 3-4 minutes before adding to salad, buns, etc.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Greek Inspired
Keywords: Greek turkey burgers, healthy burger recipes, stuffed turkey burger