This Strawberry Mango Salad with lime poppy seed dressing will be your new favorite. Add grilled chicken (or another protein source) for the most refreshing summer salad meal.
Oh sweet, sweet summertime… Give me all of the fruit on all of the salads!
A hearty salad loaded with fresh fruit is one of my favorite things to enjoy, especially during warmer weather.
I’ve been craving so much fruit lately (hello, third trimester) and dreaming of a strawberry mango salad, so I made one for you.
This one has tons of flavor, texture and a super easy lime poppy seed dressing to pair with it.
Loaded Summer Salads are the Best
If you don’t love salads, you’re not doing it right! A satisfying salad should be *loaded up* with all the things.
When it comes to salad ingredients, you can easily omit and add based on your tastebuds. Below I’ve included a list of ingredients to give this salad lots of texture and flavor.
Mango Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- spinach, arugula and romaine – I like a mix of these salad greens for flavor and crunch from the chopped romaine.
- strawberries – wouldn’t be a summer salad without ’em!
- mango – pairs wonderfully with the strawberries. So refreshing too. Mandarin oranges would be an easy sub as well.
- avocado – healthy fats, creamy texture, deliciousness.
- red onion – slice them up really small for subtle flavor. Or omit if you’re not a fan.
- grilled chicken – grilled chicken on salads during the summer are super satisfying. Salmon or even a white fish would go well here too. If plant based, simply omit or choose something like chickpeas or tempeh for your protein source.
- goat cheese – the creamy goat cheese goes really well with the chicken and fruit. Easy to omit, or replace with feta if you prefer.
- sliced almonds – a little crunch! You could also do walnuts or sunflower seeds to keep nut free.
Healthy Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
This grilled chicken and mango salad goes really well with a lime poppy seed dressing.
Traditionally, poppy seed dressings are made with a ton of white sugar. But we’re swapping that out of honey and using other simple ingredients.
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- light olive oil
- dijon mustard
- onion powder
- poppy seeds
SUPER quick and easy. I use my NutriBullet to make sure the honey gets blended in well with the other ingredients.
NOTE: If using a blender, don’t add the poppy seeds. Just stir those in at the end. Store any remaining dressing in the fridge.
How to Cut a Mango
- Find the stem and have that be at the top. Place your knife about 1/4″ away from the center and slice vertically.
- Repeat this same slice on the other side.
- The through the flesh of the mango, making a grid pattern.
- Scoop out the mango cubes using a large spoon.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Strawberry Mango Salad
Strawberry Mango Salad with a healthy lime poppy seed dressing will be your new favorite! Add grilled chicken or plant protein for a healthy meal. Easily customizable for a paleo friendly dinner salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
for the salad
- 12 ounces chicken breast
- 4 cups salad greens (spinach or spring mix, arugula, romaine, etc.)
- 1 medium mango,
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small ripe avocado; pitted, fleshed and sliced or chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (or use sunflower seeds or pepitas)
lime poppy seed dressing
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 3 TBSP lime juice (about 1 lime; add zest for extra flavor)
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp dijon or stone ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 TBSP poppy seed dressing
- Prepare the chicken: Heat cast iron skillet or grill pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add about 1/2 tablespoon of oil. Trim any extra fat off chicken breast and pound as needed to create even thickness. Season chicken with salt & pepper; cook on one side for 3-4 minutes before flipping to other side and cooking through. Cook until middle is no longer pink or internal temperature is 165ºF. Place on cutting board and slice chicken. (Or use outdoor grill.)
- Prepare the salad: In large bowl add greens, diced mango, sliced strawberries and sliced onions. Toss with tongs to mix salad together well.
- Make the dressing: add all ingredients *except poppy seeds* into small blender or food processor. Process until smooth, then stir in poppy seeds.
- Portion out salad for desired servings; adding grilled chicken and top with avocado, goat cheese, sliced almonds. Drizzle with lime poppy seed dressing and enjoy!
Store any leftover dressing in closed container in fridge, enjoy within 5 days.
Keywords: grilled chicken salad, strawberry mango salad, salad with chicken