If you’re looking for summer salad ideas we’ve rounded up the best salads before the season ends! Getting in a salad every day can be so beneficial to your overall health. Change up your salad routine by trying out some of these amazing healthy recipes.
There are so many flavor combinations you can create with a salad, you are bound to find something you like! Not to mention you can add all the toppings your heart desires.
I love adding different textures and layers of toppings to create the perfect salad. Things like fresh berries, seeds, nuts, crumbled cheese, beans, chickpeas, tempeh, chicken, pork, fish, etc. all have a place on top of a pile of fresh greens! You just have to find a combination that’s right for you.
How to Prep Salads for the Week
It’s easy to get stick in a rut with making the same salad over and over again, but with a little prep you can have salads ready all week long as a quick lunch easy side dish with dinner.
- Chop Veggies – Take a few minutes to chop your veggies and maybe roast some sweet potatoes.
- Prep Protein – Cook your protein once for the entire week. Grill some chicken, roast chick peas, drain and season some black beans. Whatever protein you prefer. You can also freeze some of this to not have to do it every single week.
- Get Creative – Try some fun combinations! I love throwing roasted sweet potatoes and quinoa into a salad to change things up. Or make a simple homemade dressing and fruit.
With a little bit of prep, you can quick throw together a meal and try some new flavors. You might be surprised what you come up with and love!
Healthy Salad Recipes for Dinner
A simple & healthy Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad to ring in the end of summer that is both gluten-free and paleo-friendly! With sweet strawberries, protein-packed grilled chicken, and superfood greens all tossed in my favorite Almond Butter Balsamic Dressing, you’ll want to make this summer salad recipe again and again!
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Strawberry Mango Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Steak Salad with Creamy Herb Sauce – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Chopped Salad – All the Healthy Things
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad – Orchids + Sweet Tea
- Easy Salmon Salad with Greek Yogurt Dill Dressing – Fit Foodie Finds
These Chickpea Shawarma Bowls are so simple yet so delicious! An easy plant based recipe with roasted chickpeas in shawarma inspired spices and lemon tahini dressing. Ready in about 30 minutes and perfect for meal prep, too.
More Vegan Salad Recipes
- Crunchy Cashew Quinoa Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Mediterranean Chickpea Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Strawberry Spinach Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Peach Salad with Quinoa & Arugula – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Southwest Quinoa Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Vegan Burrito Bowls – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Roasted Asparagus Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Vegan Kale Caesar Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Chipotle Chickpea Taco Salad – Marisa Moore
- Vegan Crispy Cajun Fried Tofu Salad – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Blackened Tempeh Salad with Orange Tahini Dressing – Eating Bird Food
- White Bean, Basil & Arugula Mason Jar Salad – Hummusapien
- Strawberry White Bean Caprese Salad – Fooduzzi
Easy Side Salads
I love a good summer salad and this one is super simple – Blueberry Watermelon Salad with feta and mint. Just six ingredients and thrown together in 10 minutes.
More Side Salad Recipes
- The Best Greek Salad – All the Healthy Things
- Arugula Peach and Halloumi Salad – The Healthy Maven
- Green Goddess Avocado Kale Salad – Emilie Eats
- Grilled Corn Kale Salad – The Almond Eater
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley