This Strawberry Salad is a great addition to any meal! And delicious with a homemade coconut honey lime poppy seed dressing. Gluten-free, vegan-friendly, easily customizable.
This post was originally published June 2017 but has since been updated May 2020.
I don’t think I could ever tire of strawberries. Hopefully we’re on the same page because we’re just about in peak strawberry season. It comes and goes so quick we must take advantage!
Here in the Midwest, summertime is a constant reminder to truly take things in. To enjoy the days as they are. To accept both the hot (often humid here) weather and the thunderstorms. To take advantage of the long days and spend more time with one another. To get outside and enjoy nature and the blue skies before it gets cold and gray again.
Even though the days are longer, these months do not last long, and I’m finding that summer teaches us to be more present. To appreciate what we have when we have it. It is all about perspective. And finding joy in the little things.
Sometimes finding joy in the little things can be as simple as enjoying a delicious fresh summer strawberry salad with family.
It’s the perfect light and refreshing lunch or dinner salad – just add your favorite protein!
Oh, and the coconut lime poppy seed dressing is delicious as well. I could drink it, it’s so good!
Spinach Strawberry Salad Ingredients
- spinach – I prefer spinach for this salad but you could always do a mix of greens or use what you have on hand.
- strawberries – fresh, juicy ones! If you can find them local, even better this time of year.
- toasted pecans – I love pecans here for their slight sweetness and soft crunch. Use toasted ones for more flavor.
- feta – one of my favorites with a strawberry salad but omit if you need to. Or sub goat cheese if you prefer that.
Of course something as simple as this strawberry salad can be easily customizable and adapted to your liking. Or your guests liking, depending on who you’re enjoying it with.
Easy Homemade Poppy Seed Dressing
- canned coconut milk
- poppy seeds
The honey lime dressing can be whisked together in a bowl or salad dressing cup – super simple!
And putting together the spinach and strawberry salad recipe is quick as well. Just toss everything in a large bowl and you’re good to go.
Ways to Serve This Strawberry Salad
- With grilled chicken
- With grilled salmon
- With some roasted chickpeas
- Maybe add some quinoa
- Serve it with grilled sweet potatoes
- Even wrap it up in a tortilla
The possibilities are endless and this salad can serve as your main source of dinner inspiration in the coming months!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review below! I love hearing from you and it helps others find the recipe too.
For the Salad
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 3/4 cup pecans
Coconut Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk*
- 1.5 TBSP light olive oil (or avocado)
- 3 TBSP lime juice, about 2 small limes
- 3 TBSP raw honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBS poppy seeds
- Toss spinach, quartered strawberries, feta, and pecans in large bowl.
- To make the dressing: combine all of the dressing ingredients in medium bowl and whisk until combined. If using an immersion blender or small food processor,a combine all except poppy seeds, then stir those in at the end.
- Toss salad with dressing, or serve separately. Enjoy as is for a side salad, or serve with your favorite grilled protein.
*full-fat coconut milk will yield the best texture for the dressing.
Store dressing in airtight container in fridge up to one week. Separation may occur once dressing has sat in fridge, just shake before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 22mg