This Strawberry Spinach Salad is a great addition to any meal! And delicious with coconut lime poppy seed dressing. Gluten free, vegan friendly, easily customizable.
This post was originally published June 2017 but has since been updated June 2021. Same delicious recipe!
I don’t think I could ever tire of strawberries. And with strawberry season here and gone so quickly, we must take advantage!
Here in the Midwest, summertime is a constant reminder to truly take things in. To enjoy the days as they are. To accept both the hot (often humid here) weather and the thunderstorms. To take advantage of the long days and spend more time with one another. To get outside and enjoy nature and the blue skies before it gets cold and gray again.
Even though the days are longer, these months do not last long, and I’m finding that summer teaches us to be more present. To appreciate what we have when we have it. It is all about perspective. And finding joy in the little things.
The Perfect Summer Salad
This spinach strawberry salad is going to be on repeat all season!
It’s the perfect light and refreshing lunch or dinner salad – just add your favorite protein like chicken breasts, salmon, tempeh, roasted chickpeas, etc.
The coconut honey lime dressing adds unique flavor and is so delicious – I could drink it!
Something as simple as a spinach and strawberry salad can be easily customizable and adapted to your liking. Or your guests liking, depending on who you’re enjoying it with.
This is the perfect spinach salad recipe for picky eaters – who doesn’t love strawberries and sweet creamy poppy seed dressing?
Spinach Salad Ingredients
- spinach – I prefer spinach for this strawberry salad but you could always do a mix of greens or use what you have on hand.
- strawberries – fresh, juicy ones! If you can find them local, even better this time of year.
- toasted pecans – I love pecans here for their slight sweetness and soft crunch. Use toasted ones for more flavor.
- feta – one of my favorites with a strawberry salad but omit if you need to. Or sub goat cheese if you prefer that.
Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
- honey – you could sub maple syrup if you’d like
- limes – I love the lime flavor in this mixed with the coconut!
- canned coconut milk – canned coconut is the best for rich texture and flavor
- poppy seeds – for delicious crunch
- fine sea salt – to enhance flavor
This poppy seed salad dressing is flavorful, dairy free and much healthier than the traditional recipe. Using canned coconut milk gives this dressing a a more rich texture, while the lime and honey add unique flavor.
The dressing ingredients can be whisked together in a bowl or salad dressing cup – super simple!
A Quick Salad in Minutes
And putting together the spinach and strawberry salad recipe is quick as well. Just toss everything in a large bowl, pour poppy seed dressing right on and let the spinach and berries soak up all of the flavor.
Ways to Serve This Strawberry Salad
- With grilled chicken
- With grilled salmon
- With some roasted chickpeas
- Maybe add some quinoa
- Serve it with grilled sweet potatoes
- Even wrap it up in a tortilla
The possibilities are endless and this spinach salad recipe can serve as your main source of dinner inspiration in the coming months!
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review below! I love hearing from you and it helps others find the recipe too.Print
Strawberry Spinach Salad
This healthy Spinach Strawberry Salad is a great addition to any meal! Made with a coconut lime poppy seed dressing for a delicious flavor boost. Gluten free and vegan friendly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
For the Salad
- 8 cups spinach
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (sub goat cheese or even vegan feta)
- 3/4 cup pecans (toasted, candied, etc.)
Coconut Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- 1/4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk*
- 1 ½ tablespoons light olive oil (or avocado)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, about 2 small limes
- 3 tablespoons raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons poppy seeds
- Toss spinach, quartered strawberries, feta, and pecans in large bowl.
- Make the dressing: combine all of the dressing ingredients in medium bowl and whisk until combined. If using an immersion blender or small food processor, a combine all except poppy seeds, then stir those in at the end.
- Toss salad with dressing, or serve separately. Enjoy as is for a side salad, or serve with your favorite grilled protein.
Full-fat coconut milk will yield the best texture for the dressing.
Feel free to sub favorite nuts or use seeds if you need this to be nut free.
Store dressing in airtight container in fridge up to one week. Separation may occur once dressing has sat in fridge, just shake before serving.
Nutrition information approximate, based on full fat coconut milk
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 22mg
Keywords: strawberry spinach salad recipe, poppy seed dressing recipe, strawberry and spinach salad
Rate this Recipe