This Roasted Asparagus Salad is simple to throw together and ready in under 30 minutes! Toss with a homemade balsamic almond dressing for a seriously impressive dish.
Greetings to you on this fine Wednesday!
Drew and I made it to Michigan safe and sound Monday afternoon. But holy moly were we exhausted. We definitely underestimated just how much stuff we had to pack… that whole procrastinating thing on my part didn’t really do us any favors either. OOPS. We also had to leave some “free” stuff by the side of the road. And throw away more than I care to admit… Oh, and the chances of us getting our entire security deposit back kind of went out the window when we got the couch stuck vertically in(to) the ceiling.? Those freaking corners will get ya, man.
But ah well! What’s done is done. I sent our landlord a text to warn him and am now just hoping for the best, ha.
But let’s chat about this simple Roasted Asparagus Salad! It’s tossed with my all-time favorite balsamic almond dressing, that first made it’s debut in this recipe. Basically obsessed with it and/or variations of it ever since. And with asparagus being in season, it was the perfect excuse for me to share it again.
I don’t know about you all, but I like my asparagus best roasted with balsamic, olive oil and some dashes of salt. If you have a favorite way, please share! I am certainly open to other flavor ideas, I just always go back to the balsamic 🙂
Which is probably why the balsamic almond dressing is my favorite. Super simple, super tasty, super better than store-bought 😉 Plus all you need is just 5 ingredients!
- balsamic vinegar
- almond butter
- maple syrup
- stone ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
I love tossing the salad with fresh crumbed feta and sliced almonds for some added texture, but of course you can change up the toppings to your liking! What I love about this recipe is that it makes for a great, simple side salad to bring to a potluck or dinner party. The dressing is definitely a crowd pleaser!
- 1 lb asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBS olive oil
- for the salad:
- 8 cups spring mix
- 6oz feta, crumbled
- sliced almonds for topping
- Balsamic Almond Dressing:
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS natural almond butter
- 1.5 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1–2 TBS water to thin if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F, toss asparagus with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until soft. Let asparagus cool on baking sheet, then transfer to cutting board and chop for salad.
- To make the dressing, combing all ingredients in small blender or whisk vigorously by hand in medium bowl. If you’d like a thinner dressing, add 1-2 TBS water.
- In large bowl, add mixed greens, crumbled feta, sliced almonds, chopped asparagus and toss with dressing. Serve with choice of lean protein for a low carb meal option, enjoy!
-Store any leftover dressing in closed container in fridge up to one week
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: spring salad, ways to cook asparagus
- What’s your favorite way to roast (or grill) asparagus?
- What’s one salad ingredient you can’t live without?