Kickoff the holiday season with the best vegan Thanksgiving recipes! Whether you need a whole meal or just something vegan friend, these plant-based options include everything from casseroles to soups to autumn salad ideas.
With Thanksgiving coming up, I thought it would be the perfect time to bring you lots of classic Thanksgiving side dishes that are made plant based.
When you think of Thanksgiving, delicious vegan recipes probably aren’t the first things that pops into your mind, but I’m here to show you some perfect dishes to add to your celebration, whether everyone has a plant-based diet or there are meat eaters there too.
Personally, I thinks the sides are the best part of the meal. Vegan sides will be the real MVP of the Thanksgiving meal and a great way to have some delicious food for everyone at he holiday table, then you can have turkey or plant based main dish as well.
Before we get to sharing some of the best plant based Thanksgiving dishes to make this year, let’s talk about Thanksgiving prep work!
Make Ahead Tips
- Prep Ahead – A lot of recipes you can make through a certain step, then finish them off the day you’re ready to have your Thanksgiving dinner. If you’re hosting or making multiple dishes, be sure to check for recipes that this would work with.
- Freeze – Are there recipes you can make ahead, freeze, then warm up in the oven when it’s time for your Thanksgiving meal? It might surprise you that you can freeze soups, mashed potatoes, bread for your stuffing, rolls, and more.
- Limiting Oven Space – Look for sides that you can keep out of the oven so you don’t have to time things around limited oven space. This can be putting sides made in the instant pot, slow cooker, or salads.
Ready for some delicious plant based Thanksgiving inspiration?
Just 6 main ingredients for this Pumpkin Pie Hummus! In just minutes you have a delicious dessert hummus perfect for dipping with pretzels, chocolate, apple slices, graham crackers and more. Vegan, gluten free and a healthy treat.
Soup + Salads
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is the ultimate fall soup that’s ready in 30 minutes! Warmly spiced butternut squash simmers away in the pressure cooker for a wholesome, cozy and comforting meal. Vegan, paleo and Whole30® compliant. Stovetop instructions included!
Vegan Thanksgiving Main Dishes
Vegan Turkey Roast – Jessica in the Kitchen
A vegan turkey roast is the perfect entree for the holidays. This plant-based main course wonderfully replicates the taste of turkey, with rich, savory flavors that will make your mouth water.
Plant Based Thanksgiving Side Dishes
This Healthy Green Bean Casserole is a creamy, comforting and seriously savory homemade version of that classic Thanksgiving side (no cans in sight!). Made gluten free, with dairy free options, too.
More Vegan Side Dishes
- Vegan Gluten Free Cornbread
- Healthy Cranberry Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash
- Sweet & Spicy Roasted Squash
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots with Lemon Tahini
- Vegan Dinner Rolls – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Vegan Wild Rice Stuffing – Marisa Moore
Vegan Thanksgiving Dessert
An easy apple crisp recipe that uses lower sugar compared to the traditional recipe, making this fall classic a new healthy favorite. Use gluten free oats as needed! Nut-free and vegan-friendly.
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley