Just 6 main ingredients for this delightful Pumpkin Pie Hummus! In just minutes you have a delicious dessert hummus perfect for dipping with pretzels, chocolate, apple slices, graham crackers – Vegan, gluten free and healthy.
Have you ever had dessert hummus?
If not, you’re definitely missing out.
This pumpkin hummus recipe is a dessert hummus that made with cooked chickpeas, cashew butter, pureed pumpkin and maple syrup, and is so simple to make with a food processor.
Dip some apples or graham crackers in for a delicious fall flavored snack or dessert.
Easy Homemade Hummus
Homemade hummus really couldn’t be easier with a food processor. It’s ready in under 10 minutes and cheaper than store bought!
And this Pumpkin Pie Hummus in particular is a great snack or side to bring to family gatherings. Drizzle the top with maple strip for some added sweetness and burst of flavor.
What you need for dessert hummus
- canned chickpeas – chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are the base of any hummus! If you’re feeling adventurous you can save the aquafaba to make a vegan whipped cream to top it with.
- pumpkin puree – what’s pumpkin hummus without canned pumpkin?
- cashew butter – you can use homemade or store bought, but this makes it a creamy delicious dip.
- maple syrup – adding a little sweet and fall flavor
- vanilla extract – always a good idea
- pumpkin pie spice – this is where all that fall flavor comes
Dessert hummus is made for dipping. Really, you can dip anything in and it would be delicious, but here are a few favorites:
- apple slices – it’s the perfect fall combo!
- crunchy cookies – like gingersnaps or pecan sandies
- pretzels – a sweet and salty crunch
- graham crackers
- cinnamon sugar pita chips
- dark chocolate
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Hummus
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender, then pulse or blend until smooth.
You can do a little taste test to see if you want to add a little more spice or extra sweetness to get your desired flavor.
Once your pumpkin hummus is smooth, transfer it to a bowl for serving or a storage container.
It can be made ahead of time for a gathering or at the beginning of the week, then covered tightly and store in the refrigerator – best enjoyed within three or four days.
Serve it with:
Your favorite dipping selections like apples, graham crackers, and all the other ideas above!
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 1 (14 ounce) canned chickpeas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- apple slices
- crunchy cookies
- graham crackers
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender; pulse or blend until smooth. Taste test before adding more spice or extra sweetness.
- Transfer pumpkin hummus to bowl for serving. Can be made ahead of time, covered tightly and stored in refrigerator, 1-2 days in advance.
- Serve with your favorite dipping selections; ideas above!