Just 6 main ingredients for this Pumpkin Pie Hummus! In just minutes you have a delicious dessert hummus perfect for dipping with pretzels, chocolate, apple slices, graham crackers and more. Vegan, gluten free and a healthy treat.
Have you ever had dessert hummus?
If not, you’re in for a real (healthy) treat, my friend.
If you know what hummus is, you know it is traditionally made with chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt, etc. making it a nice savory dip for crackers and veggies.
But for dessert hummus we’re adding some sweeter ingredients to accompany the chickpeas making it the perfect healthy treat!
An Easy Dessert Hummus Recipe
Homemade hummus is very easy to make, thanks to a food processor.
You just need a few ingredients and it’s ready in under 10 minutes, plus it’s cheaper than store bought!
This Pumpkin Pie Hummus in particular is a great snack or side to bring to family gatherings. Drizzle the top with maple strip for some added sweetness and burst of flavor.
To make pumpkin pie hummus you just need these six ingredients:
- canned chickpeas – chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are the base of any hummus! If you’re feeling adventurous you can save the aquafaba to make a vegan whipped cream to top it with.
- pumpkin purée – what’s pumpkin hummus without pumpkin? I use canned pumpkin (make sure to use real pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix) but if you have homemade pumpkin purée, just strain some of the extra liquid out. You could probably use sweet potato purée too!
- cashew butter – you can use homemade or store bought, but this makes it a creamy delicious dip. Cashew butter allows the other flavors to come through, but almond butter works too.
- maple syrup – adding a little sweetness to the dip while also keeping this recipe vegan friendly.
- vanilla extract – to balance the flavors.
- pumpkin pie spice – this is where all that fall flavor comes in. You can’t have pumpkin pie without pumpkin spices.
What to Serve it With
Dessert hummus is made for dipping. Really, you can dip anything in and it would be delicious, but here are a few favorites:
- apple slices – it’s the perfect fall combo!
- crunchy cookies – like gingersnaps or pecan sandies
- pretzels – a sweet and salty crunch
- graham crackers
- cinnamon sugar pita chips
- dark chocolate
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Hummus
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender, then pulse or blend until smooth.
You can do a little taste test to see if you want to add a little more spice or extra sweetness to get your desired flavor.
Once your pumpkin hummus is smooth, transfer it to a bowl for serving or a storage container.
It can be made ahead of time for a gathering or at the beginning of the week, then covered tightly and store in the refrigerator – best enjoyed within three or four days.
Serve it with:
Your favorite dipping selections like apples, graham crackers, pita chips and all the other ideas above!
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Pumpkin Pie Hummus
Just 6 main ingredients for this delightful Pumpkin Pie Hummus! In just minutes you have a delicious dessert hummus perfect for dipping with pretzels, chocolate, apple slices, graham crackers – Vegan, gluten free and a healthy dessert option.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: About 1 1/2 cups 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Fall desserts
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 (14 ounce) canned chickpeas
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- apple slices
- crunchy cookies
- graham crackers
- Add all ingredients to food processor or blender; pulse or blend until smooth. Taste test before adding more spice or extra sweetness.
- Transfer pumpkin hummus to bowl for serving. Can be made ahead of time, covered tightly and stored in refrigerator, 1-2 days in advance.
- Serve with your favorite dipping selections; ideas above!
Keywords: dessert hummus, pumpkin pie hummus