Take the classic flavors of gingerbread, add some steamed milk, extra strong coffee (or espresso), and you’ve got your self a homemade gingerbread latte! A healthy at-home version of your favorite coffee shop treat. Vegan friendly.
I don’t know about you, but I love making homemade seasonal coffee drinks. Sure, they take a little extra time. But when you take that first sip and you’re all cozy curled up on the couch at home, it’s really worth the little extra effort.
Whether you have an espresso machine or not, you can make this latte recipe at home!
Why You’ll Love This
If you like gingerbread flavors and coffee, then you will love this homemade latte.
It’s creamy, spiced, sweet and you can really make it taste like the coffee shop drink with a little extra whip.
No fancy equipment needed, you can make this on the stovetop with strongly brewed coffee from the coffee pot.
Gingerbread Latte Ingredients
- gingerbread spices – the the three main spices you’ll want to make sure to use are ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Additional options to help round out the gingerbread flavor would be all spice and nutmeg.
- molasses and maple syrup – the molasses helps bring the classic gingerbread flavor to life while the maple syrup helps to sweeten the latte a bit.
- extra strong coffee or espresso – you can brew a fresh batch of extra strong coffee or whip up some espresso if you have an espresso maker at home.
- vanilla extract – for a little flavor.
- milk of choice – I like oat milk for it’s creamy froth but you can use dairy free milk or whatever you’d like.
How to Make a Latte Recipe at Home
We’re skipping the flavored syrup in this coffee drink and making this gingerbread latte another way. There are a few ways you can make this gingerbread latte, depending on how you want to warm your milk.
In a small saucepan warm together the milk and spices until simmering, then add in the molasses, maple syrup and vanilla extract. While the milk is simmering, you can use a small whisk to get a little froth to your milk.
Or if you have a wand, you can use that too.
Then add your coffee and gingerbread milk mixture to a mug.
Another way to make this latte would be to add your coffee, spices, maple syrup, molasses and vanilla extract to a small saucepan, heat until simmering so the sweeteners and spices get mixed in well.
While the coffee and spices are mixing, heat your milk separately in your milk frother.
Then combine the steamed milk and coffee mixture into a mug.
How to Get Foamy Milk Without a Frother
If you don’t have a milk frother or a way to get your milk a little foamy, you can always add the warmed gingerbread milk mixture and coffee to a blender for 20 seconds before pouring into your mug.
If you have a small whisk, you can also continuously whisk the milk mixture while it’s in the pot simmering.
Molasses – if you don’t like the flavor of molasses by like the spices, you could always sub honey or add more maple syrup to taste.
Milk – Most milks will work here, I would just stay away from protein based milks like pea milk. Oat, soy, cashew, or almond will all give you a similar taste. Oat and soy will have the best froth, and coconut milk will give you a richer and creamier taste.
Spices – Ginger, cinnamon and cloves will give this latte it’s gingerbread taste, but cloves can be pretty strong for some. You can play around with the amounts based on your personal preference.
Coffee – We don’t have an espresso machine so I tend to just brew coffee extra strong when making lattes at home. Also, quality coffee makes all the difference! I love Foster Coffee.
More Lattes to Make at Home
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Vegan Gingerbread Latte
Take the classic flavors of gingerbread using spices, add some steamed milk, extra strong coffee (or espresso), and you’ve got your self a homemade gingerbread latte! A healthy at-home version of your favorite coffee shop treat. Vegan friendly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- ¾ cup favorite non-dairy milk (I like oat or soy here for good froth)
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of all spice
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (to taste)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup extra strong coffee (or 2 shots espresso)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add milk and gingerbread spices; simmer on low for about 2 minutes.
- Add in molasses, maple syrup and vanilla extract – whisk until smooth and continue to simmer on low for another 2 minutes. Use a frothing wand for some foam if you’d like.
- Pour extra strong coffee (or use espresso) into mugs, then add gingerbread milk. Top with whipped cream for an extra special treat. Taste test before adding more maple syrup, if you like it extra sweet.
For more methods to make this gingerbread latte, scroll up to the post for other ways this can be made.