Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal bursting with flavors from spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves, plus sweetened with molasses and maple syrup. This dairy free and gluten free friendly breakfast is going to be your new favorite right now.
Baked Oatmeal = Favorite Meal Prep
I recently fell in love with baked oatmeal this past year and I cannot stop! So many ways to enjoy it, endless flavor combinations, and it’s so easy to make.
You can easily throw this recipe together on a weekend morning, or even while dinner is cooking on the stove, and you’ll have a healthy breakfast perfect for busy mornings.
Not to mention this seasonal flavor is a must right now. Think classic gingerbread flavors coming together with baked oatmeal for a delicious and festive holiday breakfast.
This recipe requires just some basic pantry staples as well!
What You Need
- gluten free rolled oats – I prefer using rolled oats in baked oatmeal recipes. If you’re wanting to use quick oats, the recipe won’t turn out exactly the same (it will be much more dense).
- baking powder, salt, gingerbread spice – You’ll need ground cinnamon, ground ginger, a touch of cloves and nutmeg as well to create a “gingerbread” flavor.
- eggs and milk – use the milk of your choice to keep this recipe dairy-free, nut-free, etc. Eggs help hold the oatmeal bake together but check out the vegan substitution suggestion in the recipe card below.
- molasses and maple syrup – molasses adds to the traditional gingerbread flavor, while maple syrup helps to lightly sweeten the oatmeal.
- vanilla extract for delicious flavor
- Mixing bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- 8″ or 9″ baking dish
A One Bowl Recipe
One of my favorite things about baked oatmeal is that it can be mixed together in one bowl! This recipe is basically foolproof – anyone can make this!
First mix wet ingredients
In a large bowl mix together eggs, oil, molasses, maple syrup, vanilla extract and milk of choice.
Add in dry ingredients
Stir to combine the oats, baking powder, salt and gingerbread spices into the wet ingredients.
Bake for 35 Minutes
Transfer to a lined or well greased baking dish and bake for about 35 minutes.
You can serve this oatmeal immediately and portion into bowls, adding toppings like:
- coconut butter
- a lemon glaze (goes so well with ginger!)
- favorite yogurt or whipped coconut cream
- a little honey or maple syrup
If you’d like to serve baked oatmeal as bars, allow the pan to cool for about 20 minutes (chill in the fridge to speed things up) then slice and serve.
Store any leftovers in the fridge, and enjoy within 3-4 days for the best flavor.
To freeze, place completely cooled oatmeal in an airtight container, label with the date and freeze for up to three months.
How to Reheat Baked Oatmeal
To reheat, allow the frozen baked oatmeal to thaw in the fridge overnight. Then you can reheat the (thawed) oatmeal in the toaster oven at 350ºF for about 10 minutes.
It can also be reheated in the microwave, for about 20 seconds per piece.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes to Love
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal
Gingerbread Baked Oatmeal bursting with flavors from spices like cinnamon, ginger and cloves, plus sweetened with molasses and maple syrup for the ultimate holiday baked oatmeal recipe. This dairy free and gluten free friendly breakfast is going to be your new favorite right now.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil (or melted cooled coconut oil, or light olive oil)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3.5 tablespoons molasses
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and grease an 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish.
- In large bowl whisk together eggs, oil, maple syrup, molasses, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add in rolled oats, baking powder, spices and salt; stir to combine then transfer to prepared baking dish,
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or, until top is golden and middle is set. You can serve immediately bowl style, or wait about 20 minutes to serve as squares.
- Top with melted coconut butter or make a lemon glaze for a sweet topping. Or serve with maple syrup, your favorite yogurt, etc. Enjoy!
You can use 2 flaxseed eggs <– recipe linked, to make this recipe vegan. And increase the baking powder to 1.5 teaspoons.
Keywords: gingerbread oatmeal, baked oatmeal recipe, Christmas breakfast recipe
Rate this Recipe