We’ve got 55+ creative ways for you to make zucchini this summer – from breakfast all the way to dessert! With healthy classics like zucchini bread and stuffed zucchini or some vegan burgers on the grill for dinner. Add a delicious side like baked zucchini fries or grilled kabobs. Don’t forget that decadent chocolate zucchini cake for dessert! The options are endless, plus there are lots of vegan, gluten-free, and Whole30® options too!
Do you grow your own garden?
I feel like there is always an abundance of zucchini in the summer. You plant that little pack of seedlings and then bam, you have twenty-five zucchini the size of a baseball bat!
Even if you don’t have your own garden, there is always someone trying to get rid of more zucchini because they grew more than one person or family can possibly eat.
After the tenth batch of zucchini muffins, I always end up looking for some more creative options than just grabbing my favorite mini muffins on repeat.
How to Freeze Zucchini
Before you go cooking up all the zucchini, know that you can freeze some to enjoy all winter long. It’s really simple to do, then during those long winter days, you can enjoy some yummy fresh muffins.
These few tricks will make freezing zucchini a breeze:
- Shred your zucchini in a food processor. This makes prepping zucchini to freeze in a large batch a breeze! If you don’t have one, a box grater will work just fine.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid. You can use a nut milk bag or a tea towel to squeeze as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible to help it store and thaw better.
- Freeze it in recipe portions. It easy to use when you don’t need to chop a giant chunk of frozen zucchini in half. I like to freeze my zucchini in quart size bags with 2 cups in each bag.
- Lay your bags flat. If you squeeze as much air as you can out of the bag, then lay it flat it will be easy to store and you can easily stack a few bags on top of each other.
I wouldn’t recommend grilling or sautéing frozen zucchini, but there is plenty you can make with it: cookies, muffins, bread, smoothies, pancakes, fitters…the possibilities are endless!
I bet you didn’t think there would be a whole category for breakfast zucchini recipes! These healthy breakfast cookies are perfect for meal prep and you start your day off with a serving of veggies…what’s not to love?! Also, zucchini in pancakes, oats, and smoothies…there are so many delicious ways to start your day with zucchini.
Sides + Salads
I love a classic grilled zucchini and veggie medley as a summer side dish. They’re so crisp and full of flavor, next to muffins it’s probably my favorite way to make zucchini.
- Grilled Fajita Vegetable Kabobs – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Baked Zucchini Fritters – The Almond Eater
- Lemon Garlic Grilled Zucchini – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Grilled Summer Vegetables with Basil Vinaigrette – Marisa Moore
- Baked Zucchini – A Couple Cooks
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Fries – The Toasted Pine Nut
- Grapefruit Zucchini Noodle Kale Salad – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Cold Pesto Zucchini Pasta Salad – Little Bits of Real Food
- Grilled Corn & Zucchini Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette – Minimalist Baker
Guys, there are so many creative ways to make zucchini recipes for dinner! Who doesn’t love zoodles? Topped with pesto, Thai style, with a vegan bolognese. Yum. The options for dinner are truly endless. I can’t wait to see what you make first.
- Walnut Pesto Zucchini Noodles – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Meatless Walnut-Cauliflower Bolognese with Zucchini Pasta – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Spicy Chicken Cashew Zucchini Noodles – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Vegetarian Zucchini Lasagna – Fit Foodie Finds
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Fit Foodie Finds
- Delicious Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe – Ambitious Kitchen
- Buffalo Zucchini Chicken Burgers – Ambitious Kitchen
- Garlic Zucchini Noodle Pasta – The Almond Eater
- Burst Tomato and Zucchini Spaghetti with Avocado Sauce – Pinch of Yum
- Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie – Pinch of Yum
- Crispy Zucchini Tacos with Crunchy Cabbage Slaw & Lime Crema – Jessica in the Kitchen
- Thai Red Curry Chicken Soup – All the Healthy Things
- Zucchini Lasagna Soup – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Zucchini Lasagna Stuffed Peppers – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Asian Beef and Noodles – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Chickpea Stuffed Zucchini Boats – Running on Real Food
- Mini Zucchini Hummus Pizza Bites – Eating Bird Food
- Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai – Eating Bird Food
- Zucchini Ravioli – Well Plated
- Zucchini Stir Fry – Well Plated
Bread + Muffins
Zucchini muffins are a classic summer staple! We’ve got so many healthy muffin and bread options for you to choose from. There are even some savory options too that I can’t wait to try!
- Blueberry Zucchini Muffins – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Mini Oatmeal Zucchini Muffins – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Almond Flour Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Chai Zucchini Pumpkin Muffins – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Healthy Zucchini Bread – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Whole Grain Banana Zucchini Bread – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Soft & Fluffy Healthy Zucchini Muffins – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Cinnamon Zucchini Bread – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Savory Zucchini Bread – The Almond Eater
- Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Muffins – Pinch of Yum
- White Cheddar Zucchini Muffins – Marisa Moore
- Apple Zucchini Muffins – A Couple Cooks
- Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Muffins – Hummusapien
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins – The Toasted Pine Nut
Do you even think your family will know they are eating zucchini when you serve them a slide of decadent chocolate cake or refreshing lime blueberry cake? I think not!
- Zucchini Brownies with Chocolate Almond Butter Ganache – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Triple Chocolate Zucchini Cake – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Cake with Lemon Frosting – Ambitious Kitchen
- Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting – Running to the Kitchen
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cookies – The Toasted Pine Nut
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Squares – The Toasted Pine Nut
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread – Well Plated
What’s your favorite way to make zucchini? Let me know what recipe you try by leaving a comment! Xx, Ashley