Spicy Chicken Cashew Zucchini Noodles are a great healthy meal option. Easy to make, ready in less than 30 minutes. Gluten free and paleo-friendly.
Perfect 30 Minute Dinner
If you’re looking for a quick and simple dinner idea, cashew zucchini noodles are perfect!
I love adding zucchini noodles to dishes like these because not only are they healthy but cheap, easy and delicious as well!
I’m also a huge fan of making stir fry at home – you can use vegetables you have on hand, throw together a flavorful sauce and the meal is so satisfying.
Most of the ingredients you need are for your sauce – spicy cashew butter sauce with lots of flavor from the ginger and garlic, coconut aminos and molasses.
And then for your vegetables you’ll need bell peppers, red onion and zucchini.
For the protein I went with chicken breast, but feel free to sub in your favorite plant based option. I have a tempeh recipe you could use in this post.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles
- Chop ends off of zucchini
- Attach to Spiralizer (noodle maker, spiral slicer, etc. – whatever tool you’re using.)
- Select blade thickness (spaghetti style in this case).
- Spin to create the zoodles.
Once you’ve got your zoodles, lay on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture.
TIP: Make sure to chop the ends of the zucchini flat and even, so when you stick the zucchini on the spiralizer, you don’t end up with half moons. You may find you have to adjust the zucchini throughout making the noodles.
Tips for Meal Prep
This recipe is easy to add into your meal prep rotation. You can chop the vegetables and marinate cubed chicken (or tempeh or tofu) the night before.
The zucchini noodles takes seconds to make but if prepping ahead of time, make sure to allow the noodles to rest on a paper towel in a storage container – this will allow the extra moisture to soak into the paper towel and keep the zoodles from getting soggy.
You can also make the sauce beforehand and store in the refrigerator – just add a little milk or water to thin slightly once ready to add into the pan.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review below! I love hearing from you and it helps others learn more about the recipe too.Print
Spicy Chicken Cashew Zucchini Noodles
These Cashew Zucchini Noodles are a great healthy meal option. Easy to make, ready in less than 30 minutes. Gluten free and paleo-friendly. Use chicken or your favorite source of plant based protein for a vegan friendly meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper (1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 medium zucchini,inspiralized
- 2–3 green onions, chopped
- cashews for garnish
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 TBS molasses or honey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cube fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- 1/2 TBS sriracha, or more to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make the sauce: In a small food processor or blender, add in all of the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil and red pepper flakes for about 1 minute. Add diced chicken and cook on medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and transfer to plate.
- In same skillet add peppers and onions. Cook on medium-high heat stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your zucchini noodles, chicken breast, and spicy cashew sauce and stir together. Garnish with green onions, cashews, and serve!
–Nutrition info is estimated and calculated for 4 large servings. Store leftovers in fridge and best enjoyed within 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 417
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 27
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 32
- Cholesterol: 65
Keywords: zucchini noodles, cashew chicken, healthy cashew chicken recipe
photography by About Dinner Thyme.
Rate this Recipe