You will love this bright, lemony tahini dressing recipe! It’s simple to make, can be whisked together in a bowl (or use a blender!) and is delicious on salads, in wraps or as a roasted veggie dip! Plant based, paleo and no added sugar.
I am a huge fan of homemade salad dressing recipes and this tahini lemon dressing is perfect if you’re looking to change up your typical salad routine. It’s made with just six ingredients including tahini, lemons and a hint of turmeric.
What is Tahini
If you’ve never used tahini before, you can usually find it in World Cuisines aisle of a typical supermarket. Tahini is a condiment made from toasted ground hulled sesame. It has a very distinct taste, a little earthy with a touch of bitterness. Tahini is traditionally used in Middle Eastern dishes but also in Eastern Mediterranean and parts of North Africa.
Speaking from experience, the brand of tahini makes all the difference! I personally enjoy Soom foods – it providesa smooth and balanced flavor for this tahini dressing.
- tahini – I love this brand for amazing flavor.
- lemon – freshly squeezed lemon juice is best here.
- ginger – you can use ground ginger in a pinch but I definitely recommend ginger paste here if you want strong ginger flavor.
- avocado oil – this will allow the tahini and lemon flavors to come through more, but you could also use olive oil.
- turmeric – for the bright yellow color and hint of turmeric flavor. Turmeric has great anti-inflammatory properties.
- fine sea salt – to enhance all of the flavors.
How to Make This Homemade Dressing
For this recipe you can add everything to a bowl and simple whisk together until smooth.
Make sure your bowl is wide enough and deep enough so as you’re whisking you don’t lose your ingredients
You can also add everything to a small blender (i.e. a NutriBullet) and blend until smooth!
Taste test if you’d like more salt or even more ginger, depending on your tastebuds.
Homemade dressings are not just for salads. You can use them for power bowls or roasted vegetables too.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use this creamy tahini dressing:
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste (or 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 2–3 tablespoons water (as needed to thin)
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Or, add everything to blender cup and blend until smooth. Add water to thin to desired consistency.
Store any unused dressing in a covered jar, up to 4 days in the fridge.