If you’re looking for an easy roasted brussels sprouts recipe, this is it! Simple, flavorful and quick. Ready in 30 minutes and a healthy side dish for any occasion.
I love a good brussels sprouts recipe and this one was too simple not to share!
Roasted vegetables are one of my favorite things – it adds so much flavor with little effort.
I don’t know about you, but any time I see roasted brussels sprouts on the menu at a restaurant, I have to have them.
This simple recipe for oven roasted brussels sprouts can be ready in 30 minutes at home!
What You Need
- raw brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- sea salt
- garlic cloves
- balsamic vinegar, optional
- large baking sheet
Trimming Brussels Sprouts
If you’re buying brussels sprouts off the stalk (how conventional grocery stores mostly sell them) the ends and outer leaves often get a little brown.
Trim these off and pull off any outer leaves that are have black spots on them.
Brownie points if you can compost them!
How Long Do You Roast Brussels Sprouts
The amount of time you roast brussels sprouts for depends on the oven temperature.
For this recipe we’re roasting brussels sprouts at 400ºF, for about 20 minutes total.
Optional Balsamic Vinegar
After 15 minutes of roasting the brussels sprouts, you can add a touch of balsamic vinegar if you’d like, and continue roasting for another 5-10 minutes until the sprouts are golden brown.
Give the brussels sprouts some space and place cut side on the baking sheet, which will give them their golden color.
You can opt to turn all of the brussels sprouts down from the start of the baking time, or after the first 15 minutes, and after you’ve added the balsamic vinegar.
If you don’t love balsamic vinegar, just leave out and turn the brussels sprouts all cut side down for a total baking time of 20 minutes.
Ways to Serve
Finish off these brussels sprouts with a little parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast if you’d like.
You can also add some all-purpose seasoning before cooking, but if you’re looking for a simple flavor, this recipe is perfect on its own.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Prepare brussels sprouts by trimming ends and slicing in half lengthwise. If you have very large brussels sprouts, quarter them.
- On a large baking sheet add cut brussels sprouts, minced garlic, olive oil and sea salt. Toss to combine until brussels sprouts are evenly coated in oil. For easier cleanup, you can line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roast brussels sprouts for 15 minutes, then add balsamic vinegar and toss again. Using tongs, turn brussels sprouts cut side down and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes, until golden brown. Placing the brussels sprouts cut side down will give them a golden finish.
- Remove brussels sprouts from oven and serve as a side dish with your favorite dinner or with toothpicks as an appetizer if you’d like.
If not using balsamic vinegar, you can cook brussels sprouts cut side down for a total of 15 minutes.
If you’re looking for a substitute for balsamic vinegar, try coconut aminos.