24+ Amazing Ways to Use Squash! These squash recipes will give you loads of inspiration all season long. From healthy soups, salads, chili, vegan friendly mac and cheese, breakfast ideas and more.
In my opinion, squash is one of the best kinds of produce fall and winter have to offer. I love that it can be incorporated into a variety of dishes. There are so many types – butternut, acorn, delicata, spaghetti, etc. – making it easy to change things up and not get bored.
Whether you’re just roasting squash up for a side dish or having it be the main feature, there are loads of ways to enjoy it.
In this round up of squash recipes you’ll find everything from seasonal flavors to Italian-inspired, Mexican, Moroccan, Thanksgiving side dishes and more.
Tips for Preparing Squash
- Cutting Squash: Unless you have extremely sharp and high-quality knives, I find it’s best to soften the squash in a preheating oven for about 5-8 minutes. This makes it much easier to cut into and you won’t risk chopping a finger or two off.
- Freezing: If you want to cut down on prep time or store squash throughout the year you can freeze it. It’s best to dice squash, then blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, flash freeze on a cookie sheet for 1 hour, then store in labeled in a ziplock bag.
- Store Bought: There are two great shortcut options you can get at the store. First, you can sometimes find pre-diced squash in the produce section to make dinner quicker. Second, if you don’t need fresh squash, you can find squash in the freezer section. Frozen squash works great for recipes like Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese and Butternut Squash & Bean Turkey Chili.
More Squash Salads
- Kale Butternut Squash Salad with Farro, Feta & Cranberries – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Freekeh Salad with Cranberries, Feta, & Pecans – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Blackberry – Fit Foodie Finds
Squash Side Dishes
This Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash recipe is a must! Delicious roasted veggies tossed in an almond butter balsamic dressing. It’s the perfect, healthy side dish for your next meal and great for holiday sides too. Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Paleo Friendly, too!
More Squash Side Dishes
- Sweet & Spicy Roasted Squash – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Roasted Rosemary Butternut Squash – The Healthy Maven
- Brown Sugar Crusted Acorn Squash – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Roasted Delicata Squash with Parmesan & Walnut – Marisa Moore
- Hasselback Butternut Squash with Maple Pecan Drizzle – Jessica in the Kitchen
Squash Dinner Recipes
You are going to LOVE these Roasted Acorn Squash Nourish Bowls. Packed with so much goodness like kale, quinoa, roasted chickpeas and red onion – tons of flavor and texture. Vegan, gluten-free and great for meal prep or a healthy dinner!
More Squash Recipes for Dinner
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Mexican Stuffed Acorn Squash – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Butternut Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sauce – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Fall Harvest Power Bowl with Spiced Maple Tahini Dressing – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Spicy Maple Roasted Butternut Squash & Brussels Sprouts with Crispy Bacon – Ambitious Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Curry – The Almond Eater
- Grilled Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Flatbread – Little Bits of Real Food Real Talk
- Tempeh Sausage Stuffed Squash – Hummusapien
- Roasted Acorn Squash with Wild Rice Pistachio Stuffing – A Couple Cooks
- Greek Spaghetti Squash Bowls – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Cheesy Marinara Spaghetti Squash – The Toasted Pine Nut
- Quick Spiralized Squash Carbonara with Pancetta – Cotter Crunch
- Vegan Butternut Squash Kale Lasagna – Making Thyme for Health
- Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – Clean Foodie Cravings
- Healthy Spaghetti Squash Bolognese – All the Healthy Things
More Squash Recipes for Fall
- Easy Butternut Squash Soup – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Butternut Squash & Bean Turkey Chili – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Healthy Acorn Squash Breakfast Bowl – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Sausage Kale Spaghetti Squash Frittata with Sun-Dried Tomatoes – Fit Mitten Kitchen
- Butternut Squash, Chickpea & Lentil Moroccan Stew – Ambitious Kitchen
Let me know if you make any of these recipes by leaving a comment and letting me know your favorite recipess! Xx, Ashley