You definitely need these Chocolate Chunk Turmeric Cashew Butter Cookies in your life. They’re soft, chewy and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Grain-free and paleo-friendly.
Oh em gee, peeps! Exciting news: Drew and I put an offer in on a house last week… and it was accepted! AAHH I can hardly believe it. It doesn’t feel real. We’ve rented for the past seven years, so the idea of actually being able to call a place “ours” is a weird feeling. But now that we’re in Michigan and here to stay, it makes sense for us to finally buy.
Oh man… my head is just spinning with so many different ideas. Between the kitchen, the office, the living room… I’m going to need some pinspiration 😀
And also A LOT of help to keep me from painting and decorating every room a shade of blue. Someone, seriously help. Honestly, I should probably hire a decorator because I am too indecisive with these things. I know what I like when I see it but after that I get stuck. It’s like when I go into HomeGoods and develop shiny object syndrome. I WANT ALL THE THINGS. And then I am walking around with my arms full and think “Wait, what do I need this for? And where would I put it…?” And back on the shelf it goes only to find myself at the checkout with fancy food items instead of decor. Sound familiar?
I guess in time everything will come together. I’m only *slightly* embarrassed to admit this but we didn’t even hang up curtains, shelves, or hardly any decor in our apartment we’re currently in. We still have so much stuff in boxes. I knew (and had hoped) it was very temporary so I just didn’t even want to bother. Is that bad? I probably would have enjoyed our apartment a little bit more over the past year if we had done some more to it, but it needed a lot more love than just decor, if you know what I’m saying.
ANYWAYS. If everything goes according to plan from here on out I’ll be making more of these turmeric cashew butter cookies in our new home! Yes, you read that right…
Chocolate Chunk Turmeric Cashew Butter Cookies
Are you sick of golden milk and turmeric goodies yet? Please say “no” because these cookies are just delightful. The turmeric flavor comes through ever-so-slightly, and of course turns the cookies this deep golden hue.
And the TEXTURE of these cashew butter cookies, ugh you’ll love them. They’re soft, but chewy and almost melt in your mouth. AMAZING. This may just be my new favorite cookie right here. Oh also? –> grain-free/gluten-free/paleo 😀
What you need
creamy thick cashew butter
ghee or softened butter
Everything comes together in one bowl with an electric mixer –you can mix by hand but I opted for a mixer to make sure the wet ingredients were creamed together well.
The mixture will feel thick but slightly oily. Then you shape the cookies into rounded tablespoon size dough balls, flatten slightly like the picture below…
THEN BAKE AND EAT THESE TURMERIC CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES ASAP.
Well, wait a tiny bit to cool so the melty chocolate doesn’t burn your mouth. But then eat as soon as you can.
- 3/4 cup creamy cashew butter (all natural, I used homemade)
- 1 TBS ghee or softened butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2oz dairy-free dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside. (I don't recommend using a silicone mat here or your turmeric cookies will stain it.)
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer–or stand mixer with paddle attachment–cream together cashew butter, ghee/butter and coconut sugar until well mixed. Add in egg and vanilla and mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, turmeric, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt evenly over dough. Use large spatula or spoon to fully combine. Dough should be thick and slightly oily. Gently fold in chopped chocolate chunks.
- Using tablespoon, scoop dough into round shape, pressing in chocolate chunks as needed. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of hand. Evenly space cookies about two inches apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Careful not to over-bake or cookies will dry out. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
save this recipe for later