Yup, we’re going there —> GOLDEN MILK CASHEW BUTTER CUPS. You must try these gems. Paleo and vegan, these cashew butter cups are a quick and healthy dark chocolate treat!
As I’m sure most of you are aware, the Oscars were this past Sunday. While I didn’t stay up for it all (6am workout at FLEXcity calling my name the following morning) I wanted to check out the highlight reel, best speeches, some wins, etc. I sifted through my google search and watched different video clips. And I was a little surprised I found myself getting emotional during the various acceptance speeches. I kind of stopped myself and thought “Get it together, Ashley… sheesh.”
It can be hard to find commonalities with a community that seems so very different from you–in this case Hollywood. But as I was listening to the acceptance speeches I realized something… We actually are all so similar, even if it may not feel like it. Listening to those speeches I couldn’t help but feel proud for them. For their hard work. For the art. Not just the actors. I’m talking everyone involved in creating. It’s easy to just watch a movie these days and not really think twice. But the work that goes into producing such an enormous project is truly incredible.
I guess I was smiling and nodding my head while watching those videos–Viola Davis, Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali, sound mixing Hacksaw Ridge, to name a few–because I could relate to working so hard on something. And then to hear Viola Davis even struggles with accepting her accomplishments.
I suppose the act of practicing gratitude these days has me reflecting on “our” (both yours and my and everyone else’s) very different, yet similar circumstances. I’ve found it much easier to relate to one another, and practice compassion–no matter our backgrounds.
I’m getting a little introspective today but I just felt compelled to share these thoughts because… Well because LOVE. We all need it and should start showing more of it 🙂 And LOVE makes the world go round… as does chocolate 😀
Golden Milk Cashew Butter Cups
Are you sick of homemade chocolate cups yet? I hope not… I just cannot help it, you guys. I shared my recipe for a homemade turmeric latte and now I just can’t stop with the turmeric.
I was snacking on one of these purple potato cups last week when I had this revelation that I needed to create a golden milk stuffed chocolate cup. I had just made a fresh batch of cashew butter and basically the rest is history.
Cashew butter + golden milk flavors + dark chocolate = winning at life.
Ingredients to make Golden Milk Cashew Butter Cups
- dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- coconut oil
- cashew butter
- golden milk spices
And just like all of my other chocolate cup recipes, this comes together nice and easy. Not to mention quick! After melting the chocolate and scooping in the little golden milk cashew butter balls, these cups are ready to enjoy in about 5 minutes after setting in the freezer.
And they’re SO GOOD. Seriously, I’m obsessed with this golden milk and chocolate combo. I hope you try them!
for the chocolate:
- 10oz bag dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- 2 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
for the filling:
- 1/4 cup creamy cashew butter (I used homemade)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in about 20 second increments, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (You can also melt in a small saucepan on stove over low heat, or a double boiler. Just be careful not to burn your chips whichever method you prefer!)
- Scoop about 1 tsp of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- While bottom chocolate layer sets, make your filling: In a small bowl, mix together creamy cashew butter with spices and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of the golden milk cashew butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another teaspoon. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- I like to store my chocolate cups in the fridge, then allow to come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 6g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Did you watch the Oscars? If so, what did you think?
- Did anyone see any of the movies nominated? I saw La La Land and thought it was pretty awesome.
- Do you give yourself enough credit?
Pin this recipe for later