These Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Pork Lettuce Wraps are perfect for a light and healthy dinner! Using a simple, homemade paleo BBQ sauce. These lettuce wraps are dairy-free, gluten-free and also Whole30 compliant.
So I couldn’t help but put my new Paleo BBQ sauce to good use for another recipe to share with you. I love a good BBQ pulled pork and what better way to enjoy a light, healthy summer meal than with lettuce wraps?
There is no other way, is the obvious answer 🙂
These pineapple BBQ pork lettuce wraps are simple and a great option if you’re looking for a lighter dinner.
Like I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I put my paleo BBQ sauce to good use and dumped it in the slow cooker with some pulled pork and pineapple juice. So perfect.
And then really you’re just loading up the lettuce wraps with the pulled pork, some pineapple, cabbage, carrots, avocado (obviously), and maybe a sprinkle of green onions. YUM.
Oh, I also added some paleo ranch dressing, because why not? While I could have made my own, I actually used Primal Kitchen’s because they were kind enough to send me some. I’m not a huge ranch person, but theirs is the best. I first tried it during my January Whole30 and I was obsessed. I put it on so many of my salads and bowl meals.
These lettuce wraps also happen to be Whole30–No added sugars in the recipe or in the BBQ sauce. And then the rest of the ingredients are just veggies and fruit really. Eating whole foods is not hard when you have meals like this 🙂
Let me know if you give this a try!Print
Slow Cooker Pineapple BBQ Pork Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American BBQ
- Diet: Gluten Free
for the pineapple BBQ pork:
- 1.5 lbs pork loin (can sub another cut but I prefer the leaner cut)
- 2 cups Paleo BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice (can also sub water)
for the lettuce wraps:
- 2 stalks romaine lettuce, leaves removed. Can also use bib lettuce
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 large avocado, pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 medium pineapple, cored and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
1. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add pork loin and pineapple juice. Cover pork with about 1 cup of the Paleo BBQ Sauce, reserving the rest for later. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours. flipping pork over half way through if possible.
2. Once the pork has fully cooked, carefully drain most of the liquid from the slow cooker–you can leave about 1/2 cup or so.
3. Shred the pork with two forks, then add in the remaining cup of Paleo BBQ Sauce. Stir together.
4. Prepare the lettuce wraps: lay out the lettuce leaves and fill with about 1/4 cup of pork. Add on carrots, cabbage, avocado, and pineapple. Garnish with green onions and maybe some paleo ranch dressing, if you wish. Enjoy!
This recipe is great for meal prep and makes awesome leftovers. You can even prepare cauliflower rice to make a bowl meal out of it too.
Keywords: lettuce wraps, pineapple BBQ, lettuce wraps recipes