Easy Pumpkin Overnight Oats for a delicious and healthy breakfast! Made with oats, yogurt, pumpkin and chia seeds for a high protein filling breakfast. Vegan friendly using your favorite dairy free yogurt.
It’s that time of year where pumpkin is making its way into everything and I am HERE. FOR. IT.
Pumpkin pie flavors for breakfast?
Count me in.
Whether you prefer cold overnight oatmeal or cooked oatmeal, this recipe is for you.
Easy Pumpkin Overnight Oats
6 Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Oatmeal
- canned pumpkin or pumpkin puree – If you can’t find canned pumpkin, roasting a pie pumpkin for pumpkin puree works in this recipe as well. (It does not always work in baking recipes though.)
- high protein yogurt – you can use greek yogurt or skyr for a boost of protein. Feel free to use a dairy-free high protein yogurt to make this recipe vegan friendly.
- unsweetened non-dairy milk – Use hemp milk, soy milk or oat milk to keep this recipe nut free. Cashew, coconut or almond milk also work. Basically any milk works!
- oats – rolled oats or quick cooking oats works best in this recipe with the written ratios.
- maple syrup – Just a touch for some sweetness, but feel free to use another sweetener and adjust to your liking.
- chia seeds – a great boost of healthy fats, fiber, antioxidants. They help create a thicker oatmeal.
- pumpkin pie spice – a must for these pumpkin pie oats.
- protein powder – an optional add-in but if you’re looking for a boost you can easily add to this recipe. If using a plant based powder, you’ll need about 3 extra tablespoons of milk. If using whey or collagen, no additional milk is needed.
Prep Overnight Oats in Minutes
What’s better than waking up in the morning and not having to worry about breakfast?
Other than remembering to set the coffee timer, of course.
Well, while you’re remembering to set the coffee for the next morning, you can throw together these pumpkin oats in just a few minutes.
Now you’ve got coffee AND breakfast taken care of all in one go.
Mix in a Jar or Bowl
You can mix everything thing together in a bowl or a large 16oz mason jar. Just make sure everything is well combined before you refrigerate overnight.
How long do these overnight oats take?
This particular recipe can be ready in as little as four hours. But they can also be kept sealed and in the refrigerator for up to three days, making this recipe great for meal prep.
Ways to Enjoy
Straight from the Fridge
Take these pumpkin pie overnight oats on-the-go and enjoy them right out of your mason jar. Or bowl – however you’d like.
If you prefer, you can also warm up the oats. I always used to think overnight oats were meant to be enjoyed cold but of course you can warm them up too.
- Add overnight oats recipe to small pot with about 2 tablespoons of milk
- Heat on low, contiuously stirring until warmed through.
- pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- flax seeds
- dried fruit such as cranberries
- crunchy granola
- cashew or almond butter drizzle
more oats recipes to love
- Mocha Overnight Oats
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Golden Milk Overnight Oats
- Cashew Coffee Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Overnight Oats
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 1/2 cup high protein yogurt (dairy-free if needed)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 TBSP maple syrup
- 2/3 cup rolled oats or quick cooking oats
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Add all of your ingredients to 16oz jar or medium bowl.
- Stir ingredients together then cover with tight lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Divide pumpkin pie oats into 2 medium jars or bowls.
- Add your favorite toppings and dig in.
Overnight oats are best enjoyed within 3 days.
See notes in post above for ways to enjoy and reheating.