This homemade DIY Taco Seasoning is easy and quick. You can use on chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, and plenty of plant based protein too!
Homemade taco seasoning is way easier than you may think and so much better than store bought packets.
You can customize the spice to your liking and avoid extra salt and fillers that are typically found in conventional store bought brands.
Easy DIY Taco Seasoning
Use this taco seasoning anywhere for recipes like ground beef tacos, chicken tacos, plant based tacos and more.
10 Spices for a Homemade Mix
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Black Pepper
Stock your pantry with these spices and you’ll be able to make homemade taco seasoning for all of your Mexican inspired recipes whenever the craving strikes.
Make it in One Minute
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl
- Transfer to glass jar with lid and store in cupboard.
I like these weck jars.
Where to Use Taco Seasoning
- Cauliflower Walnut Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema
- Walnut Taco Meat
- Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- Everyday Slow Cooker Chicken
- Butternut Squash Black Bean Enchiladas
- Mexican Stuffed Acorn Squash
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp coriander (optional)
Add all spices to small bowl, stir to combine and transfer to jar with lid.
Store in cupboard for later use.