Change up taco night with these Cauliflower Walnut Tacos! The perfect plant based dinner using easy walnut taco meat, avocado lime crema and your other favorite taco toppings.
If you’re new to the magic that is walnut taco meat, be sure to check out this post.
Let’s make some vegan tacos!
These cauliflower walnut tacos are my new favorite thing and I have a feeling they’ll be in regular rotation here as well.
If you’re like, “Ashley… What on earth are you talking about? That sounds weird.”
I promise you, it is not. We’re using cauliflower walnut taco meat (processed cauliflower florets + walnuts + chipotle peppers + spices) as a meat alternative so you get the same “feel” as traditional taco meat, but a healthy dose of plants!
Why you Need Cauliflower Walnut Tacos in Your Life
- It’s a great way to get more plants into your diet.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- A meal packed with healthy fats, thanks to the walnuts (and avocado lime crema).
- Because, MORE WAYS TO ENJOY TACOS.
And who doesn’t want more tacos in their life?
Vegan Taco Night Ingredients
- cauliflower walnut taco meat – use my recipe here!
- your favorite tortilla shells – so many taco shells to choose from these days, depending on your dietary needs. Siete makes awesome grain free ones if you’re looking to keep these tacos paleo friendly. Use gluten-free corn ones, or traditional flour for another soft shell option.
- salsa – I like fresh salsa or pico de gallo for tacos.
- corn & black beans – I like to toss the corn and black beans with cilantro and lime juice. It’s simple and quick! (Omit for paleo version.)
- avocados – whether you’re just slicing them up or making avocado lime crema.
The Perfect Weeknight Dinner
Making cauliflower walnut tacos really doesn’t take much longer than the traditional tacos we all grew up on. Making the “meat” requires just a couple of extra steps but then it’s hands off as it bakes!
Make the Walnut Taco Meat
This just takes 30 minutes!
Make Avocado Lime Crema
We’re getting a little extra with these tacos and making an avocado cream sauce. Sometimes finding new sauces and toppings to add to tacos makes a big difference.
You can use a small food processor or blender to make the avocado lime crema. Simply add all of the ingredients to the blender cup and process until smooth.
Use your favorite toppings and go crazy.
They’re SO good and I am so excited to add these into our regular taco night rotation.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Cauliflower Walnut Tacos with Avocado Lime Crema
Change up taco night with these Cauliflower Walnut Tacos! The perfect plant based dinner using easy walnut taco meat, avocado lime crema and your other favorite taco toppings. Vegan, gluten free and paleo friendly.
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: entree
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- Diet: Vegan
for the tacos
- walnut taco meat recipe
- your favorite taco shells
- romaine lettuce, chopped
- cooked corn
- cooked black beans
- salsa or pico de gallo
- chopped purple cabbage
avocado lime crema
- 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted and fleshed
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
- Prepare taco meat according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado lime crema: add all ingredients to blender; process until smooth. Taste test and add more salt to your liking.
- Assemble tacos with your favorite toppings – enjoy!
Store leftover avocado lime crema tightly covered in fridge; best used within 2-3 days. TIP: try using another cover (i.e. like bees wrap) directly pressed into avocado, then secure lid, to keep as much air out as possible.
Keywords: walnut tacos, cauliflower walnut taco meat, cauliflower walnut tacos