Lots of healthy fats packed into these no-bake Cinnamon Turmeric Super Seed Energy Bars. Lower carb, and only 5 grams of sugar per bar! Vegan, gluten-free and nut-free friendly.
Guys, can I just say how happy I am to be here today? I had a pretty great weekend of recipe testing and planning out these next couple weeks and I am just so excited about these next few recipes I have to share. I’ve managed to have the first productive day in quite some time and it feels SO good. Of course my house is still a mess and my kitchen is a COMPLETE disaster at the moment (always…?) … But little wins, my friends… little wins. Plus a part of me kind of wants to leave the kitchen the way it is and show Drew what he misses when he’s not home 😀 Okay, fine… I could also use some help.
Anyways, I’m also pretty pumped about these super seed energy bars.
Why? Because seeds are awesome, and I feel like they are often forgotten about. Nuts get all the glory. Don’t get me wrong, we all know how I feel about nuts (AKA butters)… But seeds get overlooked sometimes. So I thought it was time we dedicate an entire bar recipe to them.
Seeds may be small but they are seriously packed with so much nutrition. And FEAR NOT THE FAT. We’ve got the healthy fats going on here. Not to mention vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber…
sunflower seeds a great source of vitamin E, “sunflower seeds are one of the best natural sources of this antioxidant”
hemp hearts omega 6 and omega 3 essential fatty acids, plus a great source of protein
chia seeds “almost all of the carbs in chia seeds are fiber”
Basically seeds are freaking awesome.
We’re also adding in some shredded coconut, which technically speaking is not a nut 😉
Once you combine all of your seeds and spices in a bowl, the only thing left to add is a little bit of brown rice syrup, some nut butter, and coconut oil to help hold the bars together.
If you cut the bars into 12, you’ll get about 13 grams of healthy fats, 10 grams of carbs, 5 grams of natural protein, and only 5 grams of sugar
I love that these bars only require one bowl and maybe 15 minutes or so in the freezer to set. So easy and who doesn’t have 15 minutes?! Hey, maybe you could even get in a quick workout while the bars are setting too…
Cinnamon Turmeric Super Seed Bars
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup creamy nut or seed butter (all natural, nothing added)
- 4 TBS brown rice syrup (or honey)
- 1 TBS coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan or 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, pepitas, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and turmeric.
- Add in nut/seed butter, brown rice syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Use a large sturdy spatula to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and press evenly into corners. Refrigerate pan for 20 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes. Lift parchment out of pan and set on cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut bars into 12 squares (or 16 for smaller servings).
- Wrap bars individually for easy grab-n-go, or store in container. Bars keep best in fridge. Enjoy!
–Estimated Nutrition based on 12 servings.
Need a kid-friendly idea? Try removing the turmeric spice and adding a layer of melted chocolate!
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 90
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
How about you?
- Nuts or seeds?