These Homemade Chocolate Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter Cups are a delicious vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly treat. Ready in less than 20 minutes and even makes a great little gift.
Well Superbowl weekend is here and all I have to show for it are these Chocolate Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter Cups. But are we surprised? I am not. I had to put that Homemade Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter to good use stuffed inside some dark chocolate.
I realize I totally skipped over the whole “I’m a food blogger so let me share some dips and appetizers with the interwebs” in anticipation of all the football parties happening. Buutttt Mr. FMK is actually camping in Florida this weekend (yeah, camping in Florida with alligators… No, thank you) so the chances of me even watching the Superbowl at all now are slim to none. But if someone could alert me as to when the half-time show starts, that would be great.
So instead of all things finger foods happening this past week I’m kicking off February with a pink dessert. OBVIously.
Chocolate Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter Cups
I mean, who doesn’t want strawberry coconut cashew butter stuffed inside chocolate for some Valentine’s Day treats?
If you’re a regular around here you know I’ve got loads of other chocolate cup recipes, too.
(even more butter cups)
- Matcha Coconut Butter
- Caramel Almond Butter
- Purple Sweet Potato Coconut Butter
- Golden Milk Cashew Butter
- Pumpkin Coconut Butter
The possibilities are basically endless.
But let’s make these strawberry cashew butter ones, yeah?
what you need for this recipe
- mini muffin pan and liners
- your favorite dark chocolate
- coconut oil
- strawberry coconut cashew butter <– my homemade recipe
- freeze-dried strawberries, coconut, cashews, for topping if you’d like
Okay so here’s the thing… I realize not everyone is going to bust out their big food processor or has a heavy duty blender to make said homemade strawberry coconut cashew butter. Of course I *highly recommend* making it because it’s seriously delish.
But if all you have is a mini blender or small food processor, process the freeze-dried strawberries into powder and then simply mix in the strawberry powder into some cashew butter by hand. Easy-peasy! You can also stir in the coconut flakes or omit.
Making these coconut butter cups is super easy.
- Melted chocolate goes in first, then pop the tray into the freezer for 5 minutes to slightly set the chocolate.
- Next scoop little rounded teaspoons of the strawberry coconut cashew butter and place in the set chocolate.
- Cover with more melted chocolate; transfer to freezer for 10 minutes to set.
Time to enjoy!
You have yourself festive vegan-friendly and paleo friendly chocolate treats ready to share with your friends and loved ones.
Of course no judgement if you gift them to yourself…
- 8oz dark dairy-free chocolate, chopped (1 1/4 cups chips)
- 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup strawberry coconut cashew butter* (see notes for alternatives)
- freeze-dried strawberries
- flaked coconut
- Line mini muffin pan with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add chopped chocolate (or chips) and coconut oil. Whisk until melted and completely smooth. You can also use microwave using medium microwave safe bowl; melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in about 20 second increments, stirring in between until chips have completely melted. (Just be careful not to burn your chips whichever method you prefer!)
- Scoop 1 scant tsp of melted chocolate into 12 muffin liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile if mixing freeze-dried strawberries with ready-made cashew butter, process 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries into fine powder and stir in with cashew butter. Or make strawberry coconut cashew butter.
- Take muffin pan out of freezer. Using ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of the strawberry coconut cashew butter (equal to about 1 tsp) and place on solid chocolate. Gently press butter down a little bit with back of teaspoon to flatten. Cover in more melted chocolate, about another teaspoon. Sprinkle with flaked coconut and/or freeze-dried strawberries if desired. Transfer pan back to freezer for another 5 minutes until set.
- I like to store my chocolate cups in the fridge, then allow to come to room temperature before eating. Enjoy!
If not using the recipe for Homemade Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter, process 1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries into powder using a small blender or processor. Then simply mix in the strawberry powder into 1/4 cup cashew butter by hand. Stir in the coconut flakes or omit.
- Serving Size: 1/12th
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.