Four ingredients for this homemade Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter, a heavy-duty food processor or blender and about 20 minutes is all you need to create this delicious spread. Paleo, vegan, and even Whole30 compliant (no added sugars).
So I just spent the last 20 minute catching up on all of the Grammy performances. I kind of forgot they were happening on Sunday and somehow managed to continue re-watching Game of Thrones instead of watching live television. Seriously, what is wrong with me?!
Did you guys catch the Grammy’s or any performances? I have “Finesse” in my head now after watching Bruno Mars’ and Cardi B’s performance. I could seriously watch Bruno Mars dance foreverrrrr. He is just so fly. Also really digging the 90’s vibe of that song. I (of course) have no idea what “We out here drippin’ in finesse” means but I dance to it and sing along with it as if I understand completely.
And I realize this is not the first time I have talked about Bruno Mars on here. See here.
Anyways are you guys ready for the newest flavor addition to my nut butter collection?!
Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter
Yeah it’s a real thing and it’s crazy delicious! Who knew adding freeze-dried fruit into a food processor with other nuts would be so unbelievably delicious?
Abby’s Better Nut Butter did actually, which is how I got started with the Vanilla Bean Banana Cashew Butter and now this recipe. Gotta give credit where credit is due! Plus a teenager starting her own nut butter company? A girl after my own heart.
But me being nut butter obsessed with a boss food processor, and already having a large collection of other nut and seed butters on FMK I just had to try out a homemade version.
what you need
And as long as you have a decent food processor or high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix) this should only take you about 15 or so to get a super creamy blend of strawberry coconut cashew butter goodness. Everything is processed together and all you have to do is wait for the blades to work their magic.
Once it starts to ball up, I add a little bit of oil to help get the mixture moving again. It’s not entirely necessary but if you’re impatient like me, adding the oil will help speed up the process a little bit. And I suppose the blender/processor doesn’t have to work as hard.
Basically this stuff is amazing and way too addicting. The freeze-dried strawberries makes the flavor a little tart but in a good way. I couldn’t stop taking spoonfuls and then decided I better spread some on a piece of toast and stop eating my way through the jar.
Hope you enjoy too!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 TBS coconut, almond or macadamia nut oil (or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and place raw cashews on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer; toast for 8-10 minutes. Let cashews cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Place slightly cooled cashews in bowl of food processor with coconut and freeze-dried strawberries and cover with lid. Process until everything breaks down and ball starts to form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- With the motor running, add oil and continue processing until the mixture smooths out. Time will depend on food processor and bowl capacity.
- Continue processing until desired consistency is reached – the longer you process, the smoother and drippier the butter will be.
- Transfer Strawberry Coconut Cashew Butter to 16oz jar with lid. Or divide into smaller jars. Store at room temperature, or fridge for longer period of time.
- Enjoy on toast, over oatmeal, with fruit, or quite possibly by the spoonful.
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.