You definitely need these Chocolate Chunk Turmeric Cashew Butter Cookies in your life. They’re soft and melt-in-your-mouth amazing. Grain-free and paleo-friendly.
Oh em gee, peeps! Exciting news: Drew and I put an offer in on a house last week… and it was accepted! AAHH I can hardly believe it. It doesn’t feel real. We’ve rented for the past seven years, so the idea of actually being able to call a place “ours” is a weird feeling. But now that we’re in Michigan and here to stay, it makes sense for us to finally buy.
Oh man… my head is just spinning with so many different ideas. Between the kitchen, the office, the living room… I’m going to need some pinspiration 😀
And also A LOT of help to keep me from painting and decorating every room a shade of blue. Someone, seriously help. Honestly, I should probably hire a decorator because I am too indecisive with these things. I know what I like when I see it but after that I get stuck. It’s like when I go into HomeGoods and develop shiny object syndrome. I WANT ALL THE THINGS. And then I am walking around with my arms full and think “Wait, what do I need this for? And where would I put it…?” And back on the shelf it goes only to find myself at the checkout with fancy food items instead of decor. Sound familiar?
I guess in time everything will come together. I’m only *slightly* embarrassed to admit this but we didn’t even hang up curtains, shelves, or hardly any decor in our apartment we’re currently in. We still have so much stuff in boxes. I knew (and had hoped) it was very temporary so I just didn’t even want to bother. Is that bad? I probably would have enjoyed our apartment a little bit more over the past year if we had done some more to it, but it needed a lot more love than just decor if you know I mean.
ANYWAYS. If everything goes according to plan from here on out I’ll be making more of these turmeric cashew butter cookies in our new home! Yes, you read that right…
Chocolate Chunk Turmeric Cashew Butter Cookies
Are you sick of golden milk and turmeric goodies yet? Please say “no” because these cookies are just delightful. The turmeric flavor comes through ever-so-slightly, and of course turns the cookies this deep golden hue.
And the TEXTURE of these cashew butter cookies, ugh you’ll love them. They’re soft, almost melt in your mouth. AMAZING. This may just be my new favorite cookie right here.
Ingredients needed for turmeric cashew butter cookies
- creamy cashew butter
- coconut sugar
- coconut flour
- baking soda
- chocolate chunks
How make cashew butter cookies
Everything comes together in one bowl with an electric mixer –you can mix by hand but I opted for a mixer to make sure the wet ingredients were creamed together well.
The mixture will feel thick but should not be sticky.
Then you shape the cookies into rounded tablespoon size dough balls, flatten slightly like the picture below…
THEN BAKE AND EAT THESE TURMERIC CASHEW BUTTER COOKIES ASAP.
Well, wait a tiny bit to cool so the melty chocolate doesn’t burn your mouth. But then eat as soon as you can.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review here on the blog! I love seeing what you’ve made.
More turmeric recipes
- Roasted Veggie Spring Power Bowl with turmeric tahini dressing
- Medjool Date Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
- Cinnamon Turmeric Super Seed Energy Bars
- Easy Golden Milk Overnight Oats
- Dark Chocolate Golden Milk Cashew Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 350ºF an line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. I don’t recommend using a silicone mat here or your turmeric cookies will stain it.
- In a large mixing bowl using hand mixer–or stand mixer with paddle attachment–mix cashew butter on medium high speed; add coconut sugar and continue mixing on high speed for 1 minute. Add in egg and vanilla and mix again on medium-high speed until combined.
- Sprinkle the coconut flour, turmeric, cinnamon, baking soda and salt evenly over dough. Mix on medium speed or use large spoon to fully combine. Dough should be thick and not too dry, kind of like soft traditional cookie dough. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using tablespoon, scoop dough into round shape, pressing in chocolate chunks as needed. Place on baking sheet and gently flatten with palm of hand. Evenly space cookies about two inches apart. Bake for 7-9 minutes. Careful not to over-bake or cookies will dry out. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
I prefer these cookies cold, which also helps them hold their shape a little bit better.
*recipe slightly updated March 2019. These cookies are now completely dairy-free friendly.
Pin this cashew butter cookie recipe for later