This easy Cilantro Lime Dressing recipe is the perfect addition to a salad bowl, great for tacos and delicious on fajita veggies, too! A healthy homemade salad dressing that can be used for a variety of meals. Vegan, gluten-free and paleo friendly.
Homemade dressing is my favorite! Yes, they take a little bit of time but the end result is a flavorful, simple healthy salad dressing with fresh ingredients (and not too many!) and so much cheaper than store bought dressing!
This Cilantro Lime Dressing is going to be your new favorite. Whether you’re looking to add a flavor boost to tacos, enjoy it on a salad, or mixed in with a power bowl, you will love this flavorful and delicious salad dressing recipe.
Salad Dressing Ingredients
- fresh cilantro – it wouldn’t be cilantro dressing without fresh cilantro! Make sure it’s rinsed well and pat to dry before using.
- avocado oil – I prefer avocado oil here for it’s mild flavor. You can use cold-press for this dressing since we’re not cooking it. Olive oil also works.
- limes – lots of lime flavor in this healthy dressing recipe!
- garlic clove – Just one provides a great punch of flavor.
- maple syrup – to balance out the strong flavors going on.
- fine sea salt – make sure to use fine sea salt of kosher salt, and taste test the dressing once it’s blended before adding too much.
- chili powder & cumin – just a tiny pinch for a little extra kick!
Make it in a Blender
You can throw everything into a blender cup as you’re measuring it out and blend until smooth! I like to taste test for salt, sweetness and check consistency first, before making any other changes.
If you have a mini food processor, that works too.
How to Make it Creamy
If you love a creamy cilantro lime dressing, you can add ¼ cup yogurt, sour cream, or coconut cream to keep dairy free. You can also use about ½ a ripe avocado – just use the dressing within 2-3 days if using avocado for best flavor.
Ways to Use Cilantro Lime Dressing
This Cilantro Lime Dressing recipe is so delicious on so many things! Whether you’re looking to add a flavor boost to a traditional taco salad or finish off some tacos with the sauce.
Here are some ideas!
Store any leftover homemade dressing in a closed container (these bottles are nice) and enjoy within five days.
The dressing may thicken a bit after sitting in the fridge. If you’d like to thin it out, just stir in a little bit of water (about ½ tablespoon at a time).
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves (not packed)
- ⅓ cup avocado oil
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Pinch of chili powder
- Pinch of cumin
- Add all ingredients to blender cup and blend until smooth. Taste test for more salt or sweetness.
- To make creamy option, add 1/2 ripe avocado, 1/4 cup yogurt, sour cream, or coconut cream.
STORING – Store in glass jar or bottle with lid, enjoy within 4-5 days for best flavor. If using avocado to make a creamy dressing, use within 2-3 days.