Healthy Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookie packed with flavor. Plus they’re vegan, gluten-free friendly, and refined sugar-free. The perfect snack or healthy start to your day.
Hi friends 😀
Remember that one time I went to Whole Foods and I picked up a basket and I was good? Well last week I decided I’d do a little “fun” experiment with myself. I thought “Okay, Ashley… let’s see how good you can be with a cart today.” <- seriously the things I say to myself
Part of the reason I grabbed a cart instead of a basket was because I was feeling lazy, straight up. Then the other part of me saw my not-so-distant self struggling with a very over-loaded basket and I thought it best to avoid walking down the aisles lopsided. It’s not good for the hips, ya know?
I was bad, guys. BAD.
Okay I suppose I could have been worse. I didn’t actually fill the cart up entirely.
The problem was I was in my “pre-vacation shopping mode”, where I was picking up some things for our trip up north and I wanted to make sure we had some good snacks and whatnot. My first stop was the trail mix bulk bins. Then found myself getting super distracted at all of the snack bar options across the aisle. I kept thinking “Ashley, you make your own snacks” and I replied to myself “Meh” as I tossed a variety into my cart. Apparently the lackadaisical Whole Foods Ashley is not one to put up a fight.
Ultimately when I found myself at the cash register, reality set in. No more carts for Ashley. And I probably need a babysitter…
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Cookies
So what does this have to do with these strawberry banana oatmeal cookies? Absolutely nada. I just wanted to chat with you is all 🙂
I used up the last of my fresh berries on these cookies which totally made me sad… although I do have about 9 more quarts in the freezer yet 😀
What you need
We’re using two bananas, one mashed that gets mixed in with the coconut sugar and incorporated into the dry ingredients. Then another chopped to go along with the chopped strawberries that get folded in.
All that’s left to do is scoop your cookies out on a lined cookie sheet and bake!
Once they bake every flavor in the cookie is magnified. Especially the strawberries.
Oh em gee.
The roasted strawberry flavor just can’t be beat.
- 1 cup rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 2 TBS flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup oat flour (~1/2 cup GF rolled oats, ground)
- 1/2 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 mashed medium banana (~1/2 cup)
- 1 small banana chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries (I used fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl combine oats, almond meal, flaxseed, oat flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine well mashed banana with coconut sugar. Transfer to large bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Gently fold in chopped banana and strawberries.
- Using large cookie scoop, or about 1 1/2 tablespoons, drop dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes, allowing to cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before storing in airtight container. These cookies are a little moist so they may keep best in the fridge. They are also great served warm and topped with some almond butter!
-Cookies freeze well in airtight container, about 1-3 months. Thaw at room temperature, or warm in toaster!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 7
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
These cookies are low fat, lower in sugar and make a great snack!
- Where do you do most of your grocery shopping? Clearly I can’t be trusted at Whole Foods…
making something from FMK? Tag me so I can have a looksee …
I LOVE seeing what you’ve made.
Facebook: Fit Mitten Kitchen
Pinterest: [Ashley] Fit Mitten Kitchen