This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is perfect for when you’re craving dessert but don’t want to make an entire batch of cookies. It’s made with dairy-free, gluten-free friendly, and tastes amazing!
Hold on to your hats ladies and gents, we’re just getting started with the pumpkin around here. For those of you that don’t care for pumpkin much (who are you?) don‘t worry, I won’t be getting TOO pumpkin wasted over here… but you can likely expect something pumpkin once a week for the next couple months. It’s just that TIME. I have too many pumpkin ideas written down for my own good, but you can bet I’ll try to share with you as many of them as I possibly can. Baking during this time of year is just the best, don’t you agree?
I kind of can’t believe we’re already at the end of September. I know I know, everyone always says this at the end of every month. But for real… where did this month GO? I haven’t even been to a cider mill yet to get apples and fresh donuts! Okay, need to calm down… there’s still time.
It’s just fall does not last long enough around here in the Midwest. Not to mention weather these days is just crazy and you never know what you’re gonna get (like a box of chocolates…).
Okay, enough chit chat let’s talk about this PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP SKILLET COOKIE.
It’s simple and perfect for when you really want some dessert after din, but don’t feel like baking an entire batch of cookies. The mini skillet cookie may be big enough to share with your SO, but I would 100% not blame you for keeping it to your self. It’s just really, really hard to share desserts you know?
here’s what you need
pure maple syrup
favorite natural nut or seed butter
gluten-free all purpose flour (or whole wheat white flour)
Today’s recipe features some ingredients that I always have on hand in my kitchen, thanks to my friends over at NOW Foods.
Baking with coconut sugar and pure maple syrup is great if you’re trying to avoid refined sugars, and their organic vanilla extract is awesome. Another thing I love about NOW is their products are high quality AND affordable. If you’re not familiar with NOW, check them out!
So like I said, this pumpkin cookie skillet is really easy! You can mix all of your ingredients in one medium-sized bowl and then just transfer into a greased mini skillet and bake for about 15-20 minutes. This cookie skillet can be made with either all-purpose gluten-free flour, or all whole wheat white flour. I tested this recipe both ways, same ratio of ingredients and no noticeable difference! –> both delicious and had to stop myself from eating them all…
- 3 TBS pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3 TBS coconut sugar
- 1 TBS pure maple syrup
- 2 TBS nut or seed butter
- 1/2 TBS oil (I used avocado, but melted/liquid coconut works too)
- large egg yolk*
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour** (or whole wheat white)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- dash of cloves and all spice, if you wish
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 TBS dairy-free dark chocolate chips (I used a mix of mini and regular)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a mini 6" cast iron skillet well with oil, set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together pumpkin, sugar, and maple syrup. Add in nut/seed butter, melted oil, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until evenly combined.
- Stir in flour, spices, baking soda, and salt, mix well. Batter will not be like traditional cookie dough, it will be thick and sticky. Add in chocolate chips, then pour batter into grease skillet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges are slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream and share with your person! Or don't...
Making this recipe? I would love to see it!
Tag @fitmittenkitchen and hashtag #fitmittenkitchen
- What is your favorite thing about fall?
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.
making something from FMK? Tag me so I can have a looksee …
I LOVE seeing what you’ve made.
Facebook: Fit Mitten Kitchen
Pinterest: [Ashley] Fit Mitten Kitchen