These Summer Berry Cheesecake Jars made with greek yogurt are a quick and easy dessert! No-bake and ready in minutes with just 7 ingredients.
What’s better than cheesecake in the summertime?
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE in cute little jars for individual servings! This easy dessert takes hardly any time at all (i.e. maybe 20 minutes from start to finish), and no ovens necessary!
And you don’t need many ingredients either…
No Bake Cheesecake in a Jar
These are so great for individual servings which makes these no bake cheesecake jars great for BBQs and cookouts!
Or maybe even a dessert for breakfast kind of thing…
Here’s What You Need
- softened cream cheese – even though this cheesecake is no-bake, it’s still helpful to have the cream cheese sit out at room temperature to soften so it’s easily incorporated with the yogurt. You can use regular cream cheese for a richer flavor, but reduced fat or fat free also works.
- skyr or greek yogurt – you’ll also want this to be slightly room temperature as well. You can opt to use a sweetened vanilla, which means you won’t need to add as much added sugar.
- sugar – you can use a granulated sugar of your choice. Just note that if you use coconut sugar, the mixture will be much darker. If you use a sweetened yogurt, taste test filling before adding.
- lemon juice – a little hint of lemon juice gives the filling some tangy flavor.
- vanilla extract – always a good idea.
- graham crackers or crunchy cookies – you need one half cup of crumbs for the base. You can make these cheesecake jars gluten-free by using your favorite gluten free graham crackers, OR use crunchy cookies like Simple Mills for a grain-free (and gluten free) option as well.
- melted butter – to mix with the crumbs to create the base.
How to Assemble Cheesecake in Jars
Making this recipe is very simple and requires just a few steps. I used 7 ounce Weck tulip jars, but you can also assemble these in smaller dessert shooter style glasses as well. Or 8 ounce mason jars work too – just add more berries to fill to top.
Make the Graham Cracker Crust
First you’ll add the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and mix until combined.
Add about 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into the bottom of jars, pressing down with back of rounded tablespoon.
Whip Together Cheesecake Filling
In a large bowl, whip the room temperature cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, then add in yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon juice, mixing on medium-high speed until smooth.
Add about 3-4 tablespoons (I use my cookie scoop) of filling to each jar.
Add Your Favorite Berries or Jam
You can top off the jars with jam, or alternate a layer of berries, or do a mix of both!
I like a mix of fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
And that’s it! These no bake cheesecake jars are a quick and easy healthy dessert, perfect for cheesecake lovers.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
No Bake Cheesecake Jars
These Summer Berry Cheesecake Jars made with greek yogurt are a quick and easy dessert! No-bake and ready in minutes with just 7 ingredients. Gluten-free friendly.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 jars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 4 (7 ounce) jars, I used these
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, about 8 graham crackers
- 2 TBSP softened butter or ghee
- 1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup vanilla or plain Greek or Skyr yogurt (I recommend 2% or whole milk)
- 3 TBSP granulated sugar (see notes)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped strawberries
- Make the crust: In small food processor or blender, process graham crackers into crumbs. Transfer crumbs to bowl with melted butter, stir until crumbs are moistened. Add about 1.5 tablespoons or so to each jar, pressing into bottom with back of spoon; set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl using electric hand mixer, beat together softened cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy. Add in yogurt, vanilla and lemon juice, mixing on medium-high speed until well combined. Mixture should be thick and smooth.
- Transfer cream cheese yogurt mixture evenly into the four jars, topping or layering with berries as desired.
- The cheesecake jars do not need to be chilled to enjoy right away, but if preparing ahead of time, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe easily doubles for 8 servings. Feel free to serve in tall dessert shooter jars for more servings.
If using sweetened vanilla yogurt, taste test before adding granulated sugar.
Keywords: cheesecake in a jar, no bake cheesecake, healthy dessert