This mini yogurt cheesecake recipe is the best! Easier to make than a full-sized cheesecake. A lightened up, healthier and mini version of a classic dessert. Gluten free friendly.
Why You’ll Love These
- Easier than full-sized cheesecake
- No water bath or springform pan
- Made a little bit lighter than traditional cheesecake, thanks to yogurt and less sugar.
- Can be made gluten-free as needed.
- Perfect little single serve portions.
Mini Cheesecake Ingredients
- graham crackers – processed graham crackers into a flour consistency for the crust. Use gluten free if needed. Simple Mills makes a delicious crunchy cookie if you’re looking for a grain-free alternative.
- butter – to help make the crust
- cream cheese – obviously! We’re making cheesecake here. You can use light or full-fat. Either work.
- Greek yogurt or Skyr – I would use at least 2% here, so you don’t end up with too tangy of a cheesecake.
- sugar – just a little bit for the right amount of sweetness in these mini cheesecakes. Many have used Swerve or something similar for a more keto friendly dessert.
- egg and egg white – to help create some structure and help the cheesecakes set.
You just need: mixing bowls and measuring cups, silicone spatula, electric mixer, and a standard 12-cup muffin pan.
What’s great about this recipe is don’t need a springform pan or need to bake in a water bath for a mini cheesecake recipe.
Room Temperature Ingredients
Before you begin, make sure you have all of the ingredients out (eggs, greek yogurt and cream cheese all at room temperature are a must) and line a 12-cup muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners (or use silicone baking cups!).
How to Make Cheesecakes in a Muffin Pan
Step 1 – The Crust
Make the graham cracker crust by pulsing graham crackers into crumbs. I use my NutriBullet for this. And then combine with butter.
Press about one tablespoon each into 9 liners, using back of rounded tablespoon to press firmly.
Bake at 325ºF for about 8 minutes then remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
GLUTEN-FREE TIP: You can use gluten free graham crackers to make these mini cheesecakes gluten free friendly.
Step 2 – Make the Filling
Now it’s time to make the cheesecake filling. I highly recommend a hand mixer for this if you have one. I love this cordless one.
In a medium bowl beat together softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, then add in yogurt and sugar.
Next on low-medium speed, add egg, egg white, lemon juice and vanilla. You want to make sure you don’t over-mix here.
Step 3 – Bake in Muffin Pan
Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into liners with baked graham cracker crusts. I like to use my medium cookie scoop for this.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until the middle is set (moves ever so slightly in the middle but done around edges).
Step 4 – Chill Time
Be sure to chill the cooled mini yogurt cheesecakes in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Toppings for Cheesecake
Topping choices are endless when it comes to plain greek yogurt cheesecake.
- fresh fruit
- salted caramel
- chocolate ganache
- berry jam
- mini chocolate chips
NOTE: Best to add the topping as you’re serving them.
Looking for More Mini Cheesecakes?
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx Ashley
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs*
- 2.5 TBS butter, softened
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened (low fat or regular)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt* or Skyr (2% or whole milk for best flavor)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice (can omit but adds nice flavor)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 9 muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- Make the crust: In a small food processor or blender (I used my NutriBullet) process graham crackers into crumbs, then pulse together with butter until combined. Evenly divide graham cracker mixture between the 9 liners (about 1 tablespoon per liner), pressing with back of tablespoon to flatten. Bake graham cracker crust for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Make cheesecake filling: In a medium mixing bowl using electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add in yogurt and sugar, beating again until smooth. Then add in egg, egg white, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined.
- Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into liners with baked graham cracker crusts. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 325ºF, until the edges are set and middle only slightly moves when moving pan. If edges are golden, cheesecakes are done.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!
GRAHAM CRACKERS: You’ll want about 6 sheets of regular graham crackers, or 4-5 gluten-free graham cracker squares. But go by the amount of crumbs you need – which is 2/3 cup.
BAKE AHEAD: These Mini Cheesecakes could be made a day in advance as well, chilling the cheesecake cups overnight.
YOGURT OPTIONS: This recipe has been made with both Greek yogurt and Skyr – either work. 2% or full-fat is recommended for a richer flavor. But 0% and flavored options would work too.
Prep time includes chilling the cheesecakes.
Nutrition approximate, based on gluten-free graham crackers.
- Serving Size: 1/9th
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 15g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 62mg