These Banoffee Cheesecake Jars are a quick and easy dessert! No-bake and ready in minutes.
BANOFFEE CHEESECAKE IN LITTLE JARS. Yes, this is real life.
“What the heck is banoffee”, you ask? Banana + toffee = banoffee. I guess it’s an English dessert? I didn’t know this until I actually looked it up. I just knew that I loved anything banana and anything caramel so combining the two obviously needed to happen at some point. Annddd if we’re getting really technical here –because I don’t want someone to call me out– I’m using caramel instead of toffee. But can we just agree it’s *almost* the same thing? We are just leaving out the crunchy toffee bits… And caramel pretty much gets turned into toffee once heated past a certain temperature anyways, right? Sometimes I get so caught up in being “exact” and then have no idea what to name the actual recipe because I don’t want people to yell at me for misnaming a recipe… Perfectionist much?
But I digress. Let’s get back on track.
Well, let’s first talk about the fact that for the first half of my life (so far) I didn’t even like bananas. The only way I would even consider something with bananas was in the form of a banana milkshake made my Nana. I swear she made the best milkshakes. She always added malt powder too which is THE BEST, if you ask me.
You know what else my Nana did? She used to get out blocks of cream cheese and slice them for snacking on… Is that weird? I always thought it was a little weird… I think she would have approved of this recipe though. Bananas + cream cheese + thick yogurt combined with caramel sauce and graham crackers? Heck to the yes.
Oh! Today is my wedding anniversary! Drew and I will have been married for a solid two years. 😉 We’ve been together for over 10 though.
These Banoffee Cheesecake Jars are rather fitting because I shared another banana dessert for our anniversary last year. I guess today and this banana recipe were just meant to be.
Banoffee Cheesecake Jars
What you need
- graham cracker crumbs
- cream cheese
- greek yogurt
- caramel sauce
- 7oz glass jars
This recipe comes together pretty easy too! Just a few steps but overall it is simple. The first step is the graham cracker crust – just graham crackers blended into flour consistency combined with butter. Then you distribute into the little jars.
The next layer is adding in the sliced bananas and caramel sauce.
To make the cheesecake filling you simply blend softened cream cheese with Greek yogurt until thick and fluffy. I used a banana Greek yogurt that was slightly sweetened, so I didn’t feel there was a need to add more sugar into the mixture. Not to mention you top it off with more bananas, caramel and graham cracker crumbs. They’re just so cute and perfect.
You actually don’t even have to wait for these to chill if you don’t want! The recipe as written will fill four small jars, but you can easily double the recipe for more servings. You can use mason jars, parfait glasses, etc.
Drew loved these and I can’t wait to make them again!
These Banoffee Cheesecake Jars are a quick and easy dessert! No-bake and ready in minutes. Gluten-free friendly!
- Make the crust: In small food processor or blender, process graham crackers into crumbs. Add the butter until crumbs are moist and stick together.
- Using a tablespoon, transfer graham cracker crust into jars, about 1.5 TBS each jar, pressing into bottom with back of spoon. Place about 3 slices of bananas into each jar. Then spoon 1 heaping teaspoon caramel sauce on top of the bananas. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl using electric hand mixer beat together softened cream cheese with Greek yogurt until well combined. Mixture should be thick. *note: I did not add extra sugar here but if you’re looking for a touch more sweetness you can blend in 1/4 cup granulated sugar.
- Transfer cream cheese Greek yogurt mixture evenly into the four jars, then top with more banana slices, caramel sauce and graham cracker crumbs.
- The cheesecake jars do not need to be chilled to enjoy right away, but if preparing ahead of time, refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe easily doubles for 8 servings
- Category: Cheesecake
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Banoffee Cheesecake Jars, No Bake Cheesecake Jars
pin it for later
This recipe first appeared on Instagram in partnership with Chobani. This post is not sponsored or endorsed by Chobani. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own.
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.