One of those delicious combos you didn’t know you needed! Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie! It’s so refreshing and a great way to start the day.
Were you a big fan of those shamrock shakes for St. Patrick’s Day from McDonald’s growing up? I feel like they had the hype of the PSL before PSL was a thing!
What’s not to love about a refreshing mint chocolate chip smoothie?!
This healthy option is one you will definitely be making on repeat! It has a delicious creamy texture and packed with so many nutrients that I bet you won’t even guess the secret ingredient is…
Yep. I promise that adding frozen cauliflower to your avocado smoothie makes all the difference. It gives you a nice thick smoothie, without adding additional sugar.
Plus, who doesn’t love sneaking in all the benefits of cruciferous veggies?
Why You’ll Love This Smoothie
- If you love a shamrock shake or mint chip ice cream, this healthy smoothie version will definitely surprise you!
- Loaded with nutrient-dense healthy ingredients, heart-healthy fats, fresh mint and sneaky veggies you can’t even taste!
- Perfect for breakfast but a delicious healthy treat for the afternoon or evening as well.
Mint Chip Smoothie Ingredients
- avocado – fresh or frozen works great! Sometimes you can find bags of pre chopped and frozen, which cuts down on the prep time and you always have the perfect avocados for an ultra-creamy smoothie. Note: You’ll want to increase the liquid if using frozen avocado.
- cauliflower rice – fresh or frozen works here. I love adding frozen cauliflower into smoothies as a way to get a thicker smoothie, without adding additional sugar. You also get the benefits of cruciferous veggies.
- baby spinach – Add a handful for a boost of leafy greens. It will change your smoothie color but you can’t taste it.
- Medjool Dates – these are optional but they do provide some added fiber, a hint of sweetness and a good dose of potassium! If you’re looking for an alternative sweetener to medjool dates, maple syrup works too. Or sub in half frozen banana (you won’t be able to taste it with the fresh mint).
- mint leaves – it’s a mint chocolate chip smoothie and fresh mint leaves will give this the best flavor, but peppermint extracts works too.
- cacao nibs – what’s a mint chip smoothie without chocolate? Cacao nibs make up the “chocolate chip” part of the smoothie, but feel free to sub mini chocolate chips if you’d like.
- milk of choice – Feel free to use the milk of your choice, such as almond milk, cashew milk, oat milk, soy milk, etc. Coconut milk will give this some additional flavor and even more creaminess.
Optional Smoothie Boosters
- Optional Smoothie Boosters
- protein powder – choose your favorite. A vanilla flavored vegan protein powder would be best here. Or something like plain collagen peptides if not vegan.
- oats – sometimes I like to add rolled or quick oats into my smoothie for some whole grains and more fiber.
- high protein yogurt – you could also add in your favorite high protein yogurt like greek or skyr. Siggi’s makes a good plant-based high protein yogurt as well.
- healthy omega’s like chia seeds, flaxseed meal or hemp hearts – if adding flaxseed or chia seed, make sure you drink the smoothie fairly quickly as those too ingredients will thicken the liquid upon standing too long.
Let’s Make this Green Smoothie!
- Add all of your ingredients to the blender.
- Turn the blender on high and blend until smooth!
Depending on your blender and whether or not you’re using all frozen ingredients, you may need to help work the ingredients down into the bottom towards the blade.
Smoothie Making Tips
- Add the milk a little at a time, until you achieve the consistency you’d like. Everyone has a personal preference for how thick or thin they like their smoothies. If you want more of a smoothie bowl, start with about half the liquid (per 1 serving).
- Invest in a good blender. I like my Ninja for single servings but also have a high-powered blender for 2 or more servings.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Easy Healthy Mango Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Mint Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Smoothie
Let me know if you make this Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie recipe byPrint
Avocado Mint Smoothie
A creamy Avocado Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie loaded with nutrient dense foods like avocado, cauliflower and spinach! It’s so refreshing and a great way to start the day. Just like a healthy shamrock shake! Vegan and paleo friendly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: drinks
- Method: blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 small fresh ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 handful fresh baby spinach
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted (or sub 1 tablespoon maple syrup)
- 5 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs (or sub mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup cashew milk (or milk of choice)
- Add all ingredients and optional smoothie boosters to blender and blend until smooth; add more milk depending on desired thickness.
Add matcha powder for an extra antioxidant boost along with some caffeine.
If using peppermint extract, start with 1/8 teaspoon. If you use too much, you’ll get a toothpaste like taste.
Keywords: avocado smoothie, healthy shamrock shake, mint smoothie
This recipe was originally created in partnership with Natural Delights® Medjool Dates. This post is not sponsored or endorsed by the brand.
Rate this Recipe