The best healthier mini strawberry cheesecakes! Lightened up with greek yogurt and less sugar than the traditional recipe. This recipe can be made gluten-free using your favorite graham crackers or crunchy cookies. Mini cheesecakes are always a hit!
This post is sponsored in partnership with California Giant Berry Farms. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that help Fit Mitten Kitchen bring you new recipes!
New favorite dessert recipe coming right up!
You will not believe how delightful these little strawberry cheesecakes are.
AND, they’re easy to make.
If you love cheesecake but have been a little too scared to try and bake a full-sized one, baking cheesecake in a muffin pan for individual ready-to-go single servings is the way to go.
Healthy Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
We’re using a combination of cream cheese with greek yogurt and lowering the amount of added sugar to lighten this strawberry cheesecake recipe up.
Ingredients You Will Need
- graham crackers or crunchy cookies – for the crust. You could also use chocolate cookies if you’d like!
- unsalted butter – this will get mixed with graham cracker crumbs to make the crust.
- cream cheese – you can use lowfat or regular, either work.
- strawberry greek yogurt – I like to use strawberry yogurt here but you can also use plain. The nice thing about this recipe is that you just need one 5.3 ounce container of strawberry yogurt.
- granulated sugar – I used white to keep the color of the cheesecakes more pink. Note if you’re going to use coconut sugar, or another darker sugar, the color of the cheesecake filling will change.
- egg and egg white – helps create a sturdy
- vanilla extract – flavor!
- strawberries – a little more flavor boost to the strawberry filling, plus strawberry slices for serving with.
California Giant Strawberries
We’re working with California Giant strawberries for this healthy strawberry cheesecake recipe – my favorite!
Last year I was able to visit some of their berry farms, learning firsthand from their growers and team about what it really takes to produce high quality berries, every year.
California Giant Berry Farms is a very family-focused company and it was so fun getting to see all sides of their operation. More here!
Make sure to use their store locator to see where you can find California Giant Berries near you. And if you can’t find them, request them at your local grocer!
Making Mini Cheesecakes is Simple!
GOOD NEWS: you don’t need a springform pan or bake in a water bath for a mini cheesecake recipe.
You just need a mixing bowl, electric mixer and a muffin pan.
Before you begin, make sure you have all of the ingredients out (eggs, greek yogurt and cream cheese all at room temperature are a must) and line a 12-cup muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners (or use silicone baking cups!).
Step 1 – Prepare the Crust
- Make the graham cracker crust by pulsing graham crackers into crumbs. I use my NutriBullet for this.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with butter. Press about one tablespoon each into 9 liners, using back of rounded tablespoon to press firmly.
- Bake at 325ºF for about 7 minutes then remove pan from oven and allow to cool.
GLUTEN-FREE TIP: You can use gluten free graham crackers to make these mini cheesecakes gluten free friendly. I’ve also used grain-free crunchy cookies – I like these.
Step 2 – Prepare the filling
Now it’s time to make the strawberry cheesecake filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl; add in yogurt, sugar, and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree. Mix on medium-high speed until smooth, about another minute.
- Add in egg, egg white and vanilla, beating on low-medium speed until just combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed to make sure eggs are fully combined.
Step 3 – Bake
- Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into liners with baked graham cracker crusts. I like to use my medium cookie scoop for this. Swirl with leftover strawberry puree using toothpick, about 1/2 tsp each.
- Bake strawberry cheesecake for 15-18 minutes, or until the middle is set (moves ever so slightly in the middle but done around edges). If the edges are golden, the cheesecakes should be done.
- Remove from oven and allow the pan to cool for about 15 minutes, before placing in the fridge to chill.
Honestly, these cheesecakes are delicious as is without any extra topping.
If you’re feeling fancy, add about half a tablespoon strawberry jam and top with whipped cream.
NOTE: Best to add the strawberry jam topping as you’re serving them.
Mini Strawberry Cheesecake FAQ’s
- How do I store these? – Best kept in the fridge in a covered container, enjoyed within 3-4 days. Make sure to leave the extra toppings off here too, of the filling may get a little soggy.
- Can I sub the eggs? – Unfortunately I don’t have a good sub here, as the eggs really help the filling set.
- Is this a gluten free cheesecake recipe? – Yes, it can be! Use your favorite gluten-free graham crackers. I also really love using crunchy grain-free cookies too. You just need to process whatever you’re using into a flour-like, fine crumb consistency.
- Can I use low-fat cream cheese? – Yes! Using a low-fat cream cheese won’t affect this recipe.
- Do I have to use strawberry yogurt? – No, but it does add more strawberry flavor into this recipe.
Have more questions, leave a comment below!
Let me know if you make these mini strawberry cheesecakes by leaving a comment and rating below the recipe card. It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Healthier Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes
The best healthier mini strawberry cheesecakes! Lightened up with greek yogurt and less sugar than the traditional recipe. This recipe can be made gluten-free using your favorite graham crackers or crunchy cookies. You are going to love these!
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 sheets)
- 2.5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (low fat or regular)
- 5.3 ounce container strawberry greek yogurt*
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large strawberries, puréed
- fresh strawberry slices
- strawberry jam
- whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line muffin pan with 9 cupcake liners; set aside.
- Make graham cracker crust: In a small food processor or blender (I used my NutriBullet) process graham crackers into fine crumbs, almost flour-like consistency. Transfer to bowl with melted butter and stir to combine. Scoop about one tablespoon each into 9 cups, pressing with back of tablespoon to flatten. Bake for about 7-8 minutes. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes while you make the filling.
- Make the strawberry cheesecake filling: In a medium mixing bowl using electric mixer, beat together softened cream cheese until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl; add in yogurt, sugar, and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree. Mix on medium-high speed until smooth, about another minute. Add in egg and egg white, beating on low-medium speed until just combined. Scrap down sides of bowl as needed to make sure eggs are fully combined.
- Evenly distribute cheesecake batter into liners with baked graham cracker crusts. I like to use my medium cookie scoop for this. Swirl with leftover strawberry puree using toothpick, about 1/2 tsp each. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the middle is set (moves ever so slightly in the middle but done around edges). If the edges are golden, the cheesecakes are done.
- Remove from oven and allow pan to cool to room temperature, then place in fridge to chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Top with fresh strawberry slices, strawberry jam and/or whipped cream as desired!
To make the strawberry purée, blend the four large strawberries in a small food processor/ blender until little chunks are present.
You can also use a scant 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (0%, 2% of whole milk all work).
For a jammy topping, use this recipe for easy strawberry chia seed jam here!
You can also make 12 cheesecakes with this recipe. You’ll need about 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs + 3 tablespoons of butter. The filling amounts will stay the same, you’ll just end up with a shorter cheesecake filling in comparison.
Nutrition approximate; based on 9 servings.
- Serving Size: 1/9
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: strawberry cheesecake, mini cheesecake, greek yogurt cheesecake