This Mango Macadamia Nut Cashew Butter is going to be your new favorite nut butter blend. Just three ingredients! Paleo, vegan and Whole30 compliant (no added sugars). Amazing on toast, in smoothies, with fruit, in oatmeal… the possibilities are endless.
MANGO Macadamia Nut Cashew Butter say whhaaatt?
My latest addition to the freeze dried fruit nut butter blend.
Either I’m completely insane or a genius… I’d prefer genius but maybe make this nut butter blend and you can be the judge.
I was going up and down the aisles of Fresh Thyme the other week and spotted what appeared to be a new line of freeze dried fruit. I was scoping out which fruit they had and saw mango. BOOM. Mango Macadamia Nut Cashew Butter was born.
Of course this was after I had already made:
Clearly it’s become an obsession of mine to make up as many fun fruit-nut butter blends as possible and share them with the world.
Mango Macadamia Nut Cashew Butter
what you need
- freeze dried mango
- macadamia nuts
That is IT. I freaking love homemade nut butters. All you need are those three ingredients and a decent food processor or high powered blender.
You can choose to slightly toast the nuts or leave them raw. I like to toast mine a little to bring out more flavor and it can help speed up the process a little bit – the warm nuts break down easier.
Sometimes I add oil to help blend the nuts a bit faster but here the macadamias break down so quickly I found I didn’t need to add any.
Oh I should also note that you can add in some dried mango slices as well – the soft, chewy kind. I did mainly just to see what it would do. Basically is just adds flecks of color and some texture.
You may not think mango would work here but just trust me. This nut butter is ever-so-slightly fruity but not in a weird way. The cashews and macadamia nuts were the perfect blend with the mango.
I’m thinking this would be amazing mixed in with oatmeal, on top of a yogurt bowl, with fresh fruit, toast… The possibilities are endless really.
And if you’re looking for a fun homemade gift (whatever the occasion may be) I’m always a big fan of giving homemade nut butters to people. It’s easy and quick and delicious.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup freeze dried mango (2 1.2oz packages)
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 3 large pieces of dried mango
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and place raw cashews and macadamia nuts on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer; toast for 8-10 minutes, or until nuts are lightly golden; let cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Place slightly cooled cashews and macadamia nuts in bowl of food processor with freeze-dried mango; cover with lid and begin processing until everything breaks down and ball starts to form. If you’d like you can add dried mango as well and process until broken down. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Continue processing until the mixture smooths out and desired consistency is reached – the longer you process, the smoother and drippier the butter will be. Add about 1 TBS of coconut oil if needed to smooth out quicker if desired.
- Transfer Mango Macadamia Nut Cashew Butter to 16oz jar with lid. Or divide into smaller jars. Store at room temperature, or fridge for longer period of time.
- Enjoy on toast, over oatmeal, with fruit, or quite possibly by the spoonful.
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.