Homemade Blueberry Almond Pecan Butter! Just a food processor or heavy duty blender and four ingredients needed for this delightful combo. Put it on toast, yogurt, with Medjool dates or straight up by the spoonful. Vegan, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
Alright so have you been watching the Winter Olympics?! I’m a little frustrated with the time difference in that we don’t get to see much action live but we’ve been catching some events here and there. Even though I personally don’t partake in any fun winter sports, isn’t it just fun to rally behind these Olympic athletes that put so much hard work in to get to where they are?
I’d be lying if I told you I didn’t tear up when Chloe Kim won gold – not to mention completing a third run with an amazing score even after already securing gold. I think I would have teared up regardless of the winner.
Oh and Red Gerard, who happens to be the brother of Teighan from the food blog Half Baked Harvest (!!) was the first gold medalist of the 2018 Winter Olympics in the snowboard slopestyle. Crrazzyyy.
Then to watch Shaun White’s crazy amazing final run, pulling off the gold. (After his bad crash in New Zealand only a four months ago.)
I don’t know if I am getting emotional because I can empathize with their hard work or if Aunt Flo is coming into town soon…
Buttttt I’ve got a NEW homemade nut butter for you. I’m getting just a teeny tiny bit obsessed with these “freeze dried fruit” nut butter flavors. I haven’t been able to stop since the banana version.
So now we’ve got
Homemade Blueberry Almond Pecan Butter
It’s the most delightful blend. Think blueberry muffin in spreadable form.
And really the blueberry isn’t overpowering at all. Though I was secretly hoping it would turn the nut butter more of a blue color.
what you need
(I used macadamia oil but coconut or sunflower also works. It just helps speed up the blending but isn’t 100% necessary)
And if you haven’t tried making your own nut butter yet, ddoooo it. It’s so easy and fun! The jars definitely don’t last long around here because I put it on everything and also use the various flavors in everything from bars to balls.
Of course sometimes I get lazy and buy different nut butters or fun flavors from brands I love. But making your own at home is also great for homemade gift giving 🙂
Let me know if you try this recipe! Leave a comment and/or review here so I can see what you think!
- Preheat oven to 325ºF and place raw nuts on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly in one layer; toast for 8-10 minutes. Let nuts cool on pan for 15 minutes.
- Place slightly cooled almonds and pecans in bowl of food processor with freeze-dried blueberries and cover with lid. Process until everything breaks down and ball starts to form. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- With the motor running, add oil and continue processing until the mixture smooths out. Time will depend on food processor and bowl capacity.
- Continue processing until desired consistency is reached – the longer you process, the smoother and drippier the butter will be.
- Transfer Blueberry Almond Pecan Butter to 16oz jar with lid. Or divide into smaller jars. Store at room temperature, or fridge for longer period of time.
- Enjoy on toast, over oatmeal, with fruit, or quite possibly by the spoonful.
nutrition approximate, based on 1 TBSP from 16oz filled jar
- Serving Size: 1 TBSP
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
SOME OF THE PRODUCTS I USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.