A really simple Gluten-Free Strawberry Crisp recipe with only five main ingredients. Easy to throw together, perfect for summertime. Vegan-friendly!
I feel like fruit crisp is one of those underrated desserts. Especially if you’re all about the chocolate… Which I get, trust me. But fruit desserts need a little love too!
This strawberry crisp happens to be gluten-free and vegan-friendly. It’s great for gatherings, or just whipping up a batch and then enjoying the leftovers as breakfast.
I mean fruit + oats = breakfast, right? Serve with it yogurt and it’s a done deal!
Healthy Strawberry Crisp Recipe
Just 5 Main Ingredients!
Super Simple To Make
- Add sliced strawberries to bowl with sugar (I used coconut sugar but you can use what granulated sugar you have on hand) and set aside.
- Mix together oats with almond meal, cinnamon (optional), and coconut oil (or use vegan butter for a little extra flavor).
- Add berries to bottom of baking dish and sprinkle on oat mixture – Bake!
Questions about the recipe…
What if I need this recipe nut-free?
If you’re looking for a nut-free alternative, you can use the crisp topping from this recipe (omit coconut as needed as well).
Can I use regular butter in this recipe?
Yes! If not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to sub in conventional butter.
What other toppings can I use?
Ice cream is my favorite for crisp (choose your favorite!) but if you’re looking for “healthier” alternative, yogurt and coconut whip would be delicious too.
I hope you enjoy this easy strawberry crisp recipe!
Let me know if you make this by leaving a comment and review below! I love hearing from you and it helps others learn more about the recipe too.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9″ pie dish, or similar size baking dish with coconut oil (or ghee/butter).
- Evenly spread strawberries on bottom of baking dish and sprinkle on about 1 tablespoon coconut sugar.
- In a medium bowl combine 1/4 cup coconut sugar, rolled oats, almond meal, ground cinnamon, salt and softened coconut oil. Use spoon to start mixing, but work in everything with hands at the end.
- Distribute oatmeal mixture over top of strawberries in even layer.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until oatmeal mixture is golden and crisp, and strawberries start to bubble. Allow strawberry crisp to cool for 20 minute before serving with your favorite topping. Whole milk vanilla yogurt, ice cream, or whipped coconut cream are all great options!
Store leftovers in fridge; enjoy within 1-2 days.
A reader noted they didn’t get the browned topping they were after for a crisp. If you find this is a case, feel free to add an extra tablespoon of coconut oil, ghee or butter to the oat mixture.
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg