A simple Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread recipe that is soft, moist, healthy and the perfect grain-free treat. Throw some chocolate chips into the mix and everyone will love it! So easy to make, it is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo, too!
I don’t know. But what I do know is this particular coconut flour pumpkin bread has been making its way into my coffee routine this past week, which has certainly made my mornings much more bearable 😀
You peeps have been loving this coconut flour banana bread, so I thought I better make a pumpkin version this year. And this time I added chocolate chips, which HOLY MOLY, makes this gluten-free pumpkin bread even more incredible than I thought it would be. I think I had three pieces of this pumpkin bread recipe within a couple of hours. The first two I had from my test batch (which I didn’t use chocolate chips in, but still really really good!) and then the third piece I had to try because that’s when I, of course, added chocolate chips. This took it completely over the top!
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
The best part about this grain-free pumpkin bread is you can enjoy it practically any time of day – breakfast, afternoon, or dessert! My favorite way is with a hot steaming cup of coffee. It just compliments those specks of mini chocolate chips in the paleo pumpkin bread so well!
Ingredients for Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread
- coconut flour
- pumpkin spice – you can use store bought or make it using this simple recipe that uses just 4 ingredients!
- baking soda
- baking powder
- canned pumpkin puree
- natural nut or seed butter
- coconut sugar
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk
- dairy-free chocolate chips
How To Make Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease and line an 8×4 inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, nut or seed butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then whisk in the eggs and almond milk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, along with 1/3 of the chocolate chips and stir until just combined. The pumpkin bread batter will be thick.
- Transfer to the loaf pan, sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips, and gently press into the top.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center gives you light crumbs. Allow to cool in loaf pan for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool for at least another 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
A Note On Coconut Flour
I love baking with coconut flour, it makes the bread light and moist! But note that baking with coconut flour is much different than baking with regular, all-purpose flour.
Coconut flour is SUPER absorbent, so a little goes a long way. Even though the pumpkin bread recipe calls for 1/2 cup coconut flour, I would highly recommend weighing the coconut flour with a kitchen scale. This will give you the best flavor and texture for a loaf of moist pumpkin bread.
Tips For The Best Pumpkin Coconut Bread
- Want a super moist pumpkin bread? As mentioned before, weigh the coconut flour to get the exact measurement you need.
- Looking for a grain-free pumpkin bread recipe with less sugar? Omit the coconut sugar, but leave in the maple syrup, since this brings sweetness but also liquid to the recipe.
- Want to make it dairy-free? Use unsweetened almond milk and make sure to purchase dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Not into chocolate? Omit the chocolate chips. The homemade pumpkin bread with coconut flour will still be just as delicious!
How To Store
The pumpkin coconut bread will keep best stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For longer storage, slice, tightly wrap in plastic wrap (either individually or all together) and place in an airtight container. Label, date, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Gluten-Free Bread Recipes You’ll Love:
- Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Cashew Cream Frosting
- Cinnamon Zucchini Bread [Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo]
- Easy Coconut Flour Banana Bread [Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free]
- Almond Flour Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Healthy Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Almond Flour Orange Lemon Poppyseed Bread [Paleo, GF, DF]
If you make this Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review on the blog! I love hearing from you, and it helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread with Chocolate Chips
Pumpkin Bread recipe with
is soft, moist, and delicious. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo, too!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup coconut flour* (65g, measured)
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup creamy natural nut or seed butter (I used homemade)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar**
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease and line a medium 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together until no lumps of coconut flour remain–you can also sift together into bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, nut/seed butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Then add eggs and milk, and whisk again until all wet ingredients are fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients into bowl of wet ingredients, using large spatula to gently combine. Fold in about 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips. Batter should be thick.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan, sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top, and gently press into top of batter.
- Bake pumpkin bread at 375F for about 20-25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out with little to no crumbs. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before gently removing, then cool on wire rack completely, about 20 more minutes, before slicing. Enjoy!
*I highly suggest weighing the coconut flour if you can. But a half cup is what I measured and then weighed. **If you want to take down the sugar a little bit, you could likely go with out the 2 TBS of coconut sugar (I don’t recommend getting rid of the maple syrup, however, because the liquid plays an important part with the coconut flour). Nutrition information based on 10 servings, using unsweetened almond milk and includes chocolate chips. If looking for less added sugar, this bread is still great without the chocolate chips 🙂 Store bread in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You may also freeze, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 176
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 272
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 38mg
Keywords: Coconut Flour Pumpkin Bread, Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread, Grain Free Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Bread with Coconut Flour Recipe