A Chai Pumpkin Protein Smoothie! Using AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites and zero protein powder, this festive protein smoothie has a healthy balance of complex carbs, fats and protein. No bananas used here either! Dairy-free, paleo, no added sugars and Whole30 compliant.
WELCOME, PUMPKIN! I mean, October 😀 Even though the pumpkin madness already started in September, I think you can expect even more pumpkin recipes this month from the blogosphere. I actually think I did an alright job at not going *too* pumpkin crazy during September… I also didn’t want you or me to get sick of pumpkin too early on in the season. Is that even possible? Probably not.
But back to it being October… It’s crazy, right? Will time ever slow down? Is this what happens as you age? The weeks and months just keep going by faster and faster, until all of the sudden you wake up and it’s 2023?
The speed at which the months and seasons have been going by for me feels like it is faster than it’s ever been. Can anyone else relate? But to help slow things down a bit, at the beginning of each month I try and sit down to reflect on the previous month – What went well? What were my goals? Did I accomplish said goals? What can I do better? It’s a way to slow down, practice gratitude and try to live life with more purpose. I think for anyone, no matter what your work-life situation looks like, it can be a good practice to take that time during the beginning of the month to reflect and set intentions. Gratitude and your outlook on life can have such a big impact on how we live every day. It’s something to think about <3
Anyways, just wanted to take some time to share those thoughts with you. Hopefully it gives you something to think about and make October a great month!
Chai Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Smoothies are definitely an any season kind of thing for a lot of people – cold weather or warm weather, smoothies are just easy fuel! So I decided it was time to bring you a fall smoothie: Chai Pumpkin Protein Smoothie.
This protein smoothie has a great amount of protein, but we’re not actually using any type of protein powder. Instead, we’re getting our protein from AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites. Don’t worry, it is 100% safe to consume these liquid egg whites, as they have been pasteurized for safety. You can’t taste it either.
Why AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites versus protein powder?
- flavorless – so you can add it to smoothies without worrying about a flavored powder being overpowering
- each serving contains 5 grams of pure liquid egg white protein – nothing added
- dairy-free – great for a those that are lactose-intolerant and/or eating a paleo diet
what you need
- AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites
- pumpkin purée (I used frozen)
- pumpkin pie spice
- dates (or sweetener of choice)
- cashew butter
- cashew milk
Some Notes About this Recipe
- Frozen pumpkin versus fresh – I used canned pumpkin here, but scooped out little round tablespoon balls to freeze for smoothies. You can use fresh but see the recipe page for notes regarding liquid.
- Thickness – Everyone likes their smoothies a different consistency. I usually prefer mine pretty thick. If using frozen pumpkin, you will likely need 2/3 cup to a full cup of milk to blend the smoothie. If using fresh pumpkin, you may only need a half cup of liquid. Just note that the amount of liquid you will use will be affected by whether or not you use frozen or fresh (canned) pumpkin purée.
- Sweetener – I opted for Medjool dates here for a natural sweetener. You can also use 1/2 a banana, maple syrup, agave or honey. I’d suggest maybe 1/2 tablespoon of a liquid sweetener per serving, but adjust to your tastebuds.
- Chai Pumpkin Pie Spices – Just a simple blend of pumpkin pie spice + cardamom.
Like I mentioned, I prefer my smoothies nice and thick. Thick enough to drink through a straw OR enjoy with a spoon. Hence the granola topping picture – which I know isn’t paleo 😉
This Chai Pumpkin Protein Smoothie would be the best way to kick off your day – basically like a chai spiced pumpkin pie in a glass, and healthy.
Let me know if you try!
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx, Ashley
- Place all ingredients into blender cup starting with AllWhites® 100% liquid egg whites, ending with cashew milk. See notes below regarding frozen pumpkin versus fresh and amount of milk needed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer pumpkin protein smoothie into cup or travel mug, enjoy!
**DIY pumpkin pie spice: 3 Tablespoons Ground Cinnamon + 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger + 2 teaspoons Nutmeg + 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Allspice + 1-1/2 teaspoon Ground Cloves
***Adjust milk according to desired consistency. Adding more milk with the ingredients as listed will get you a thinner smoothie. If not using frozen pumpkin, you may want less liquid.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 306
- Sugar: 36g
- Sodium: 277mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 53g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
This post contains some affiliate links. Should you choose to purchase through said links, I will receive a small commission. Thank you for your support in helping keep Fit Mitten Kitchen up and running.