This paleo vegan chocolate pudding made with avocados couldn’t be easier! Just five ingredients, ready in five minutes and kid-friendly. And no – you can’t taste the avocado!
Friend, I promise you this avocado chocolate pudding is not as weird as it sounds.
So chocolate-y, so creamy, so REAL.
Chocolate pudding always reminds me of Snack Packs – which I definitely used to beg my mom to buy us for our lunches, because Billy Madison was on repeat in our household.
Probably watched that movie way too many times for what was appropriate at my age.
You got a banana you don’t need no Snack Pack.
Well, now we don’t need Snack Packs because we can make our own homemade chocolate pudding and it’s wayyyy better.
Easy Avocado Chocolate Pudding
This chocolate pudding recipe only requires five ingredients, a small blender (like the NutriBullet) or small food processor and five minutes of your time.
Ingredients needed for vegan chocolate pudding
- ripened avocados
- maple syrup
- cocoa or cacao powder
- vanilla extract
- milk or cream of choice (oat for nut-free, cashew, coconut, etc.)
I said it before and I’ll say it again:
Don’t let the avocados scare you!
- You can’t taste them.
- Healthy fats for the win, ya’ll.
How to Make Vegan Paleo Chocolate Pudding with Avocados
Add all of your ingredients to a small blender cup or food processor bowl (a miniature one will work best, unless you plan on doubling or tripling the recipe) and run the blender until smooth.
TIP: Add the liquid a little bit at a time until the pudding is smooth and the desired consistency. I like to add one tablespoon at a time until the pudding comes together and smooths out.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl or cup as needed.
Look at that ^^ the avocados disappeared just like that.
Top with your favorite whipped topping for a special treat.
More ways to use this avocado chocolate pudding
- Fruit Dip!
- Dirt Cups!
- Chocolate frosting for brownies?! (Who doesn’t want pudding frosted brownies?)
- Layered Parfaits!
If you make this easy chocolate pudding recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review here on the blog! I love hearing from you, and it helps others learn more about the recipe too. Xx Ashley
- In a small food processor bowl or blender cup – add avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla. Begin blending and scraping down the sides of the cup as necessary to get things moving.
- Add milk 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Scrape around the cup/bowl and blend for an extra 5-10 seconds at the end to make sure the pudding is smooth.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping and chocolate shavings for a special treat.
- This Avocado Chocolate Pudding can be used in dirt cups or as a fruit dip as well!
You can use part honey, part maple syrup if needed. Using all honey may not mask the avocado as well as maple syrup does. I have only tried this recipe with maple syrup, myself.
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 4