This paleo vegan chocolate pudding made with avocados couldn’t be easier! Just five ingredients, ready in five minutes and kid-friendly. And no – you can’t taste the avocado!
Friend, I promise you this avocado chocolate pudding is not as weird as it sounds.
So chocolate-y, so creamy, so REAL.
Chocolate pudding always reminds me of Snack Packs – which I definitely used to beg my mom to buy us for our lunches, because Billy Madison was on repeat in our household.
Probably watched that movie way too many times for what was appropriate at my age.
You got a banana you don’t need no Snack Pack.
Well, now we don’t need Snack Packs because we can make our own homemade chocolate pudding and it’s wayyyy better.
The Best Avocado Chocolate Pudding
This chocolate pudding recipe only requires five ingredients, a small blender (like the NutriBullet) or small food processor and five minutes of your time.
Ingredients for vegan chocolate pudding
- ripened avocados – make sure they’re soft and creamy
- maple syrup – the sweetener. You could probably use something like date syrup or agave but I haven’t tested that.
- cocoa or cacao powder – either works. Cacao will provide a slightly more bitter flavor.
- vanilla extract – for additional flavor.
- milk or cream of choice (oat for nut-free, cashew, coconut, etc.) – to help thin out the pudding.
I said it before and I’ll say it again:
Don’t let the avocados scare you!
- You can’t taste them.
- Healthy fats for the win, ya’ll.
How to Make Pudding with Avocados
Add all of your ingredients to a small blender cup or food processor bowl (a miniature one will work best, unless you plan on doubling or tripling the recipe) and run the blender until smooth.
TIP: Add the liquid a little bit at a time until the pudding is smooth and the desired consistency. I like to add one tablespoon at a time until the pudding comes together and smooths out.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl or cup as needed.
Look at that ^^ the avocados disappeared just like that.
Top with your favorite whipped topping for a special treat.
More ways to enjoy!
- Fruit Dip!
- Dirt Cups!
- Chocolate frosting for brownies?! (Who doesn’t want pudding frosted brownies?)
- Layered Parfaits!
If you make this easy chocolate pudding recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review here on the blog! I love hearing from you, and it helps others learn more about the recipe too. Xx AshleyPrint
Avocado Chocolate Pudding
This vegan chocolate pudding made with avocados couldn’t be easier! Just five ingredients, ready in five minutes and kid-friendly. Grain-free, dairy-free, nut-free and paleo.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: no-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- In a small food processor bowl or blender cup – add avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder and vanilla. Begin blending and scraping down the sides of the cup as necessary to get things moving.
- Add milk 1-2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Scrape around the cup/bowl and blend for an extra 5-10 seconds at the end to make sure the pudding is smooth.
- Top with your favorite whipped topping and chocolate shavings for a special treat.
- This Avocado Chocolate Pudding can be used in dirt cups or as a fruit dip as well!
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 29
- Sodium: 98
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 40
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 4
Keywords: healthy chocolate pudding, paleo chocolate pudding, vegan chocolate pudding