This healthy Chocolate Fruit Dip is perfect for dipping fruit, cookies, crackers, pretzels and more. Made with avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Vegan and paleo recipe.
This post is sponsored in partnership with California Giant Berry Farms. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own. Thank you for your support as I partner with brands that help make Fit Mitten Kitchen possible!
This recipe originally published June 2017. The photos and post have been updated with more instructions – same delicious recipe!
A Healthy Chocolate Dip
If you’re looking for an amazing chocolate dip that is made with real ingredients, easy to throw together and something everyone will love (yes, even kiddos!) then you must make this chocolate fruit dip recipe!
It’s a sneaky way to include some healthy fats into a dessert (thank you, avocados), and pairing this dip with fruit means you’re getting in some additional fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Ideas for Serving
This chocolate fruit dip is the perfect anchor to build a beautiful dessert charcuterie board. Whether you’re serving for friends and family, or want to do something fun with kids!
When you think of chocolate dipped fruit you automatically think of strawberries, so they are a must here. I love how the look of this board came out so here are the fruits for dipping we suggest:
- Banana slices
Crackers + Cookies
Graham crackers, crunchy cookies and pretzels (salty + sweet!) work well here too.
Making Fruit Dip for a Party?
If serving to guests, you can prep the avocado chocolate dip the morning of, wash and dry berries, slice any fruit and build a board with cookies, graham crackers and pretzels, then tightly wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Healthy Chocolate Dip Ingredients
- avocados – if you want to enjoy this fruit dip recipe sooner rather than later, make sure to grab ripe ones if you can. Or allow the avocados to ripen at room temperature.
- maple syrup – the liquid sweetener here keeps this recipe vegan friendly.
- cocoa powder – make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder, or sub cacao powder.
- vanilla extract – helps add a little flavor.
- pinch of salt – balances the sweetness.
- non-dairy milk – if your dip is a little thick, you can add some non dairy milk to help achieve your desired consistency.
How to Make Chocolate Fruit Dip
It takes less than five minutes to throw together, which means it is the perfect healthy dessert to serve this summer with all of the fresh fruit!
So here’s the thing… literally ANYONE can make this recipe. It is so easy.
Everything gets put in the food processor – ripe avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt – and then the ingredients get processed until smooth.
If your dip looks a little thick, add some plant milk to the bowl and process again until smooth and creamy.
TIP: You may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl of the food processor a couple of times to make sure everything gets evenly combined.
Storing Fruit Dip
Because we’re using avocados in this recipe, you want to make sure you store any leftover fruit dip in an airtight container.
Be sure to enjoy leftover chocolate dip within 2-3 days.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review letting us know! We love hearing from you and it helps others learn more about the recipe too.Print
Avocado Chocolate Fruit Dip
This healthy Avocado Chocolate Fruit Dip is OUT OF THIS WORLD. Made with just five main ingredients: avocados, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla plus a little sea salt. Vegan, gluten free and paleo. So much better and healthier than store bought chocolate fruit dip. This is a great one for kids, too!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup pure maple syrup*
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (cacao may be subbed)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons plant milk, to thin as needed
- sliced bananas
Crackers + Cookies
- graham crackers
- crunchy cookies
- In a small food processor bowl or blender cup add avocado, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- Blend ingredients until smooth – you may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl or cup a couple of times with a spatula.
- If you’d like to thin out the fruit dip, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin to desired consistency. I used 2 tablespoons.
- Transfer Avocado Chocolate Dip to small serving bowl. Serve with assorted fruit plate, graham crackers, pretzels, crunchy cookies… Enjoy!
May need to adjust sweetness to liking. Feel free to add another tablespoon or so of maple syrup for your desired sweetness.
Servings based on about 1/4 cup of dip per serving.
- Serving Size: 1/8th
- Calories: 131
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy fruit dip, fruit dip recipe, chocolate fruit dip
Rate this Recipe