Lots of flavor in this Strawberry Basil Avocado Wrap –perfect for lunch! Made with spinach, goat cheese and balsamic too.
This post is sponsored in partnership with California Giant Berry Farms. All opinions expressed, as always, are my own. Thank you for your support as I partner with brands that help make Fit Mitten Kitchen possible!
I’m also very excited to announce I am a California Giant Berry Farms Brand Ambassador this year!
Basically a dream come true, seriously. ALL THE BERRIES. And GIANT ones. I mean, you’ve seen the California Giant Strawberries in the grocery stores, I am sure of it. The giant strawberries can’t be missed. Rest assured, there are no GMOS or anything injected into the berries to make them huge. The environment that they grow in is what produces the biggest, juiciest berries you ever did see. Mother nature is amazing.
I’m also super excited about this Strawberry Basil Avocado Wrap we have here today. Almost all of my favorite foods wrapped into one recipe. Read: strawberries, avocados, goat cheese. *happy dance*
What you need
- wraps – flour, gluten-free, your choice
- goat cheese – or vegan/dairy-free sub
You could also add your choice of lean protein in there too. A grilled salmon or chicken would work well. Mr. FMK happened to be home the day I was photographing this recipe and even though he was pleasantly surprised with how well they tasted sans the meat, I’m pretty sure he unfolded the wrap shortly after his first bite to sneak some meat in there. To each their own, my friends.
Either way you decide to enjoy them, this combo is so delicious. Strawberries and avocado are meant to be. Oh, and if you’re not a fan of regular balsamic, just use your favorite dressing! Actually, my famous (okay, it isn’t famous, but I am calling it famous) balsamic almond butter dressing would be ridiculously amazing in this wrap. WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THIS SOONER.
Anyways, make this strawberry avocado wrap and be prepared to fall in love.
- 6 wraps (flour, gluten-free, your choice)
- 4oz goat cheese (or vegan/dairy-free sub)
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 2 medium avocados, fleshed and sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- balsamic vinegar (or favorite dressing)
- Have all ingredients laid out on flat surface before beginning.
- Start by spreading about 1 tablespoon cheese onto wrap, then layer on small handful of spinach (about 1/2 cup) and gently press spinach leaves into cheese.
- Add on a handful of thinly sliced strawberries in one layer, then top with sliced avocado, some basil leaves and drizzle on balsamic vinegar or dressing of choice.
- Gently fold in the ends of the wrap first and start rolling up (think Chipotle-style). Use a toothpick to help hold the wrap together if you wish before slicing diagonally with large sharp knife. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6th
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Pin this wrap recipe for later!