Spinach Artichoke Dip! It is one of my favorite things. This recipe requires just 7 ingredients. Using creamy Greek yogurt, feta, mozzarella, and parmesan for all of that cheesy deliciousness.
One of my all-time favorite appetizers has got to be a classic hot spinach artichoke dip.
I am *that* person who always want to order the baked spinach artichoke dip on the menu at a restaurant. Even though it is perceived to be a very generic appetizer, because pretty much every restaurant has one…
But I feel like if a restaurant takes the time to craft a delicious, awesome spinach artichoke dip, they are doing something right.
Plus, who doesn’t want to dive into that creamy cheesy goodness?!
Lightened Up Version
This artichoke and spinach dip with Greek yogurt is very easy to throw together, making it the perfect party appetizer.
Just 7 simple ingredients
- frozen spinach, thawed – Just make sure you squeeze out all of the liquid! This is very important or you’ll end up with a watery dip.
- canned artichokes – again, you’ll want to drain the artichokes here so the extra liquid doesn’t affect the dip once it’s baked.
- Greek yogurt – adds a good amount of protein to this dip and “better-for-you” than sour cream. Use 2% or whole milk for the best taste. Icelandic skyr would also work here.
- fresh garlic – fresh is the best here! Adds so much flavor.
- feta – I love feta so I added it to this recipe. If you don’t love feta, you can replace with more parmesan and mozzarella, or even goat cheese.
- mozzarella & parmesan – a staple in spinach artichoke dip.
And don’t get me started on the store bought spinach dips out there. They’re way to heavy on the sour cream and mayo for my personal tastes.
So I actually replaced all of the sour cream with Greek yogurt in this recipe.
A one bowl recipe
This recipe for healthy spinach and artichoke dip couldn’t be easier.
Everything can be added together in one large bowl – start with the greek yogurt, add the cheeses, chopped artichoke hearts, spinach and garlic. Stir until well blended.
Then transfer to your baking dish and top with more mozzarella and parmesan.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes, then dive in!
SO simple, but so good.
Tips for Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Thaw spinach completely – you don’t want any water in the spinach. I used a 10 ounce package. I also used a mesh strainer bag to squeeze out all of the liquid.
- Make sure artichoke hearts have been drained well.
- Use the broil function for the last 3-5 minutes if you want a crustier cheesy top.
- Serve warm with pita chips or your favorite kind of chips.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave comment and review below! I love hearing from you, and it helps others learn more about the recipe too. Xx Ashley
- 1 10oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt (whole milk, 2%, nonfat all work)
- 1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 2 tsp minced)
- 6oz feta, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 1 quart casserole dish or 8×8 glass pan, set aside.
- Make sure frozen spinach is completely thawed before squeezing out liquid. Cut a small hole in the bag and squeezed the spinach in the bag and let the water drain out. Open up bag completely place spinach between cheese cloth, tea towel or mesh strainer bag. Make sure all of the liquid is out.
- In large bowl add yogurt, chopped artichoke hearts, squeezed out spinach, garlic, crumbled feta, mozzarella and shredded parmesan. Fold in all of the ingredients with large spatula to combine, mixing together well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Topping with more sprinkles of mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheese topping is golden. You can also switch the oven to broil the last 5 minutes to get the cheese golden.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers, and/or veggies, enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/16th
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 330mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 14mg