Quick, no bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars are made with oats, peanut butter, and some protein powder for a filling snack with 10 grams of protein in each bar. Vegan friendly and gluten-free.
Get ready for the easiest, quickest, and best peanut butter protein bars around!
Making your own snacks with protein couldn’t be easier with this recipe!
Peanut butter and oats are making up the base of these homemade protein bars today, which means these are definitely going to be a crowd-please.
Why You’ll Love These
- Quick and easy. This oat protein bar recipe can be made in just one bowl without any fancy equipment.
- Just 7 ingredients, most you probably already have in your pantry!
- Vegan friendly using maple syrup and plant based protein powder.
- Gluten free using certified gluten free rolled oats.
- Tastes like healthy dessert! The combination of peanut butter and chocolate will have you thinking these healthy oatmeal bars are dessert.
Oat Bar Ingredients
- peanut butter – I used a 100% pure peanut butter, nothing added – these tend to be on the drippy side be sure to give the jar a good stir.
- honey or maple syrup – feel free to use maple syrup to keep this recipe vegan friendly.
- coconut oil – just a little bit helps set the bars
- rolled oats – be sure to use rolled oats here, not quick oats, to get the right texture.
- hemp hearts – these are optional but you could also use flaxseed meal instead.
- chia seeds – I like adding chia seeds as well for additional fiber and heart healthy fats.
- protein powder – you can use whey protein or plant based. If using plant based, you will likely need to add a couple splashes of water and some more coconut oil.
Ready in 30 Minutes
These peanut butter oat bars are SO EASY and take about 5 minutes to throw together. You just need some mixing bowls and a parchment lined square baking pan.
Mix Dry Ingredients
In a bowl add together the oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts and protein powder.
Protein Powder Options
Whey protein powder can be used, or collagen peptides with no substitutions necessary.
If using plant based protein powder, add a few splashes of water and a little extra coconut oil to help the mixture come together. Plant based protein will absorb liquid more than other kinds.
Mix together wet ingredients
In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt together the peanut butter, honey or maple syrup and coconut oil.
Or use a saucepan on stovetop over low-medium heat.
Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture until combined, using your hands at the end as necessary to make sure it is evenly mixed.
Press into Pan & Chill
Then press the mixture into your lined baking pan and chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes.
You can add a chocolate topping to these bars for the ultimate healthy treat. Simply microwave some chocolate chips on half power, mix with a little bit of peanut butter and drizzle on the chocolate-peanut butter melty goodness.
These peanut butter protein bars should be stored in the fridge in the fridge, but are fine to set out at room temperature before enjoying.
If freezing, be sure to store in an airtight container, and use within 3-4 months.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and review below! It helps others learn more about the recipe and I always appreciate your feedback!Print
Peanut Butter Oat Bars
Making your own protein snack bars couldn’t be any easier with this recipe! These quick, no bake Peanut Butter Oat Bars are made with rolled oats, peanut butter, and some protein powder for a filling snack with 10 grams of protein in each bar. Gluten free and vegan friendly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 bars 1x
- Category: snacks
- Method: Fridge
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
for the bars:
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts or flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup organic protein powder*
- 3/4 cup all natural peanut butter*
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon raw honey (use brown rice syrup or maple syrup for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line 8×8 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together oats, protein powder, hemp hearts and chia seeds; set aside.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Microwave for 10-15 seconds, and stir until evenly combined. Add to dry ingredients, mixing with hands at the end as needed. Mixture will be thick.
- Press oat mixture into prepared pan, using hands to press evenly into all corners. Place pan in refrigerator for about 45 minutes to set (or 20 minutes in freezer).
- Once bars have set, melt chocolate: melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave on half power in 15-20 second intervals. Once completely melted stir in peanut butter until no lumps are present. Drizzle peanut butter chocolate on bars and allow to set, about 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Lift parchment paper from pan and place on cutting board. Using a large sharp knife, cut bars into 12 servings.
- Store Peanut Butter Protein Oat Bars in airtight container in fridge up to 2 weeks, or in store in freezer for up to 3 months. Enjoy!
If using plant protein, you may need to add about 2 tablespoons of water or plant milk to help bring the mixture together so it isn’t as dry – plant protein will absorb the dry ingredients differently compared to whey or collagen. And different plant proteins will work differently. Once you start mixing all of the ingredients together, you just want the mixture to be able to hold. Adding a little extra coconut oil will help as well.
For the peanut butter I used a “drippy” kind with no added ingredients
Total time includes chill time in freezer.
Nutrition approximate; does not include chocolate topping.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 10
- Sodium: 72
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: peanut butter protein bars, homemade protein bars, no bake peanut butter oat bars