If you love s’mores and cookies, you’ll love these Oatmeal S’mores Cookie Bars! Made with rolled oats, cashew butter, maple syrup, graham crackers, chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows. A gluten free and dairy free friendly recipe.
Why You’ll Love These
- Like s’mores chocolate chip cookies but made into bars!
- Chocolate chunks and marshmallows with every bite.
- Dietary friendly if you need a gluten free and/or dairy free cookie recipe
- Easy to make! Cookie bars are great because you just press all the dough into the pan, and bake it. No loading up multiple cookie sheets.
It’s simple to keep this smores cookie recipe gluten free as needed – just be sure to use certified gluten-free rolled oats, 1:1 gluten free baking flour (the one with xanthan gum) and gluten-free graham crackers. You’ll also need baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
This recipe is also dairy-free, because we’re using coconut oil and cashew butter in place of conventional butter. Then you’ll also need maple syrup, optional brown sugar (for a sweeter cookie), eggs and vanilla extract.
NOTE: You can also use plant based butter if you’d like.
To make these oatmeal cookie bars s’mores flavored, we’re adding in crushed graham crackers, mini marshmallows and chocolate chunks.
Use room temperature ingredients – Because we’re using coconut oil in this recipe, make the rest of your ingredients are room temperature so the coconut oil doesn’t solidify.
Use parchment paper – Make sure to line the 9×9 pan with parchment paper so once the bars have cooled, you can easily lift them up and place onto a cutting board.
Under-bake this recipe – You’ll want to *slightly* under bake these cookies bars. Why? Because they set upon cooling in the pan. Once the cookie bars have cooled properly, they’ll maintain their bar shape and you’ll have soft, slightly gooey bites fill with chocolate chunks and marshmallows.
Let the bars cool completely – The bars need to rest in the pan for about 45 minutes to 1 hour before taking out and cutting.
Oats & Flour – It is best to use rolled oats i this recipe, but you can use gluten-free or conventional. For the flour, you can also use whole wheat white flour, whole wheat pastry flour, or half all-purpose with half whole wheat (if not gluten free).
Cashew Butter – Cashew butter keeps the flavor in these cookie bars mild and allows the other flavors to come through more, but you could also use peanut butter or almond butter. If using sunflower seed butter, just know parts of the dough will turn green due to the reaction with baking soda. It’s still safe to eat though.
Maple Syrup – You can use another liquid sweetener here, the flavor of the bars will change slightly.
Coconut Oil – You can also use melted and cooled butter (dairy-free or regular), or avocado oil.
Marshmallows – If you don’t have mini marshmallows on hand, you could chop regular sized marshmallows in 3-4 pieces.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and rating below! It helps others learn more about the recipe too! Xx AshleyPrint
Oatmeal S’mores Cookie Bars
If you love s’mores and cookies, you’ll love these Oatmeal S’mores Cookie Bars! Made with rolled oats, cashew butter, maple syrup, graham crackers, chocolate chunks and mini marshmallows. A gluten free and dairy free recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup 1:1 gluten free baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup melted and cooled coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- ⅔ cup creamy cashew butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar (optional for slightly sweeter cookie)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 sheets graham crackers, roughly chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine rolled oats, flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl using electric mixer combine oil, cashew butter, maple syrup and brown sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla, mixing on medium speed until evenly combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients until almost combined, then fold in marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer cookie dough into pan, pressing evenly into all four corners, making sure marshmallows are mostly covered with dough (they puff up while baking). Bake for 18-22 minutes, until edges are golden.
- Allow the pan to cool at room temperature for at least 45 minutes before removing the cookie bar from the pan and cutting into squares. Making sure the pan cools properly will ensure the cookies stay whole once cut into bars.
To keep this recipe gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats, 1:1 gluten free baking flour and gluten-free graham crackers. 2 sheets of graham crackers may equal 4 graham cracker squares, depending on the brand.
Keywords: smores cookie recipe, s’mores cookie bars, oatmeal cookie bars